Marimo Moss Balls

pleasants9

Anyone know anything about Marimo Moss balls? I stumbled across them while playing on the internet, some people seem infatuated with the things, so I was just wondering if anyone had some info on the guys?

reefkprz

Moss balls are freshwater.
I have kept them in many of my FW tanks. they are pretty cool loking and just tuimble around the tank in the flow if there is enough flow or they just sit there. not very exciting but kind of cool because how many time do you see a plant or algae that grows in a ball shape?

bigarn

Originally Posted by pleasants9
http:///forum/post/2781329
Anyone know anything about Marimo Moss balls? I stumbled across them while playing on the internet, some people seem infatuated with the things, so I was just wondering if anyone had some info on the guys?
one word ..... penicillin.

keri

heh...I have one in my FW tank, half the time it gets overgrown by other stuff (suuuper slow grower) and I find it again when I pull a bunch of plants out. Kinda neat in a wallflower sort of way
What I'd Like to do it set up a tank with ONLY moss balls as plants, or something that isn't too bushy and contrasts well, that would be cool.