Marine Depot and Algae Barn

ilyakarp

Marine Depot & Algae Barn.
I would like to share my experience with those 2 sites.
I've ordered a Cleaner shrimp and Pincushion from Marine Depot. Few days latter received notification that my package was shipped. 5 days!!!!!! later my package arrived with both animals dead. I've contacted Marine Depot and was sent to Algae Barn since the animals came from them????. Contacted Algae Barn, sent picture of DOA. Algae Barn offered Pod Points since they did not have replacement in stock. I've asked them for a refund and was referred to Marine Depot since I made a purchase from their site. I've contacted the Marine Depot and here is their answer "Thank you for contacting Marine Depot.I am sorry to hear about this situation, we are going to reach out to Algae Barn to request their assistance with the credit for your refund, I will contact you again as soon as I have confirmation for you."
Those 2 sites are playing Ping-Pong with me. Please beware when buying live goods from Marine Depot

2quills

Honestly, there's always a risk ordering livestock online since hold ups in shipping are an ever present danger. Some places will only ship on certain days of the week for this reason as to try and minimize the potential time livestock may be kept in the packaging before they make it to our doors.

That being said, 5 days after shipping sounds like a delay with the shipping company since livestock is always over-nighted. Unfortunately it happens sometimes but I believe everyone should be given a chance to make it right. The run around would frustrate me as well and covid-19 isn't helping.

Hopefully someone will make it right for you and if not you can always try SWF.com. :)