marineland stealth pro heater recall

E

eric b 125

marineland is once again recalling their stealth pro heaters... here's the e-mail from petsmart...
February 11, 2011
Dear Valued PetSmart Pet Parent,
Marineland has issued a voluntary withdrawal of the Stealth PRO Submersible Heater (100, 200 and 250 watt). The product is being withdrawn due to a quality issue.
If you have this product, please stop using it immediately and take the following steps:
1. Unplug the heater from the wall to stop the flow of electricity
2. Let the heater cool for 15 minutes
3. Remove the heater from the tank
Please bring the product to your closest PetSmart for a full refund or exchange. Replace the product with a comparable heater as soon as possible to maintain the temperature of your aquarium. A PetSmart store associate can help you select the right heater for your aquatic environment.
If you have questions about this withdrawal, please call Marineland Customer Service at 800-526-0650 or 800-432-6986.
At PetSmart, we are concerned pet parents, too. We will continue to do everything we can to help you and your pet during this time.
Here is some more cut and paste info:
Marineland says it is investigating the potential quality issue with certain versions of the Stealth Pro heater line as well as the previously discontinued Stealth Heater line. Marineland has decided to indefinitely cease shipping certain models of the Stealth Pro Heater line. Specifically the affected models are 100, 150, 200, 250, and 300 watt versions of the Stealth Pro heater line.
Marineland has not publicly stated what the issue is to cause this “voluntary suspension of sale”. Retailers have been told to “stop the sale of any of the ‘affected products’ listed below and remove those products from your retail shelves.” If you are using any of these products you should stop using them immediately. Has any of our readers experienced issues with the affected models? Full letter from MarineLand’s mother company United Pet Group below.

posiden

I saw the other thread too. My new 10 watt stealth stopped working. Its only 2-3 weeks old. I hope Pet Smart lets me return it.