Maroon Clown and anemone

alex115

do maroon clownfish have symbiotic relationships with anemones like other clownfish? i wasnt very sure.

N

newreefers

they usually do in the wild, but if the clown has been tank raised it probably has never seen one. chances of it taking to one is 50/50.

marco333

The one that they like is the bubble tip anemone, and you have a good chance that they will take to eachother!
I also have a maroon clownfish and I just recently purchased a bubble tip anemone, and the clown looks interested but has not fully taken to the anemone yet!

sterling

My maroon had taken up residence in a long tent. plate coral, the coral didn't like that. I couldn't find a BT at any LFS so settled for a condy, which the clown decided was better than the coral and now only leaves to feed himself and bring food to the anemone.

marco333

I have never heard of a maroon going in a condy!
Are you sure its a condy, and how long has your anemone been in it?

entice59

well before you go ahead and buy an anomie, do some research, you'll be very surprised on how difficult to raise such a delicate creature
my maroon loves its bubble anomie, when the macro grows it actually bites up the macro and moves it away from the anomie, fun to watch