maroon clown not eating

guitarplr85

Hello,
Im not new to the hobby but i will say this is my first maroon clown. I bought him about 4 days ago and so far i havent seen him eat. I have been feeding the high protein mysis shrimp. Im not that concerned because he is swimming realy good and is all over the tank. I had a blue chin trigger that took a while but he started to eat like crazy so i know he wont go hungry. I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions.
Thanks again.

dgon27

I have had my tank for about 4 weeks. My first fish was a Tomato Clown. He didn't eat for about 4 days. I am not sure, but I think it may take a while for them to acclimate to their new surroundings. My Tomato Clown eats brine shrimp now and is doing good.
Good Luck

guitarplr85

Im not to worried because he is doing really good and i know he will come around, i just wasent sure if there was something special with these fish.
thanks again

mr.clownfish

when i got my large female maroon i feed it brine shrimp for 2 days and it didnt eat so i tried formula 1 and it attacked it. it ate 2 days worth of food.

so try a different food.

lmecher

From what I understand, a healthy clownfish can go for a week without eating. Some are just very sensative to change. I had one that refused to eat for many days too. Keep trying and be careful not to overfeed, uneaten food just adds to your bioload.

guitarplr85

I tryed your sugestions and its a success. thanks for all the good ideas and your time. Its finally eating good now.