Maroon Clowns

leheath

Can anyone tell me how large the maroon and yellow-striped maroon clown fish get?
Thanks in advance

debnflo

I believe average size is listed at around 5" but there have been reports of some as big as a man's hand (8+ inches).

shels

The reg Maroon Clown at least in my opinion is alot more aggresive then the Gold Stripe Maroon. She can be down right Nasty. If she does not like the way I have the rock work set up in her area or if I try to add to her area she knocks it off. She just keeps trying and trying until she gets her way. Also when I scrape the glass in her area she nails my hand or the scraper.

leheath

Thanks - I guess I will stick to a gold stripe if I decide to go for a maroon! Shels - I notice you live in Surprise - I am moving there in a couple of weeks from Avondale. Can you recommend a good local LFS? How about anywhere nearby to buy the aragonite playsand everyone mentions (southdown, old castle, etc.)?
Thanks in advance

shels

Leheath, I like your avaitor, that movie is so good. Welcome to Surprise, you will really like it. I have lived out there for almost 4 years, the only sucky thing is Bell Road to 101.

The LFS I go to is no where near me, It is Auqa Touch on 32nd and Cactus. It is well worth the drive, everything I have purchased is from there. They are very knowledgeable and take time out for your questions. I always talk to Mike or Scott.

leheath

Thanks - your avitar is cute - is that one of your dogs? I have heard of Aqua Touch and found in recommended somewhere else on this site. I might go check it out tonight...
By the way, how old is your maroon and how big is it? I like the maroons (especially the gold strip ones) because they naturally host in a BTA and that is the only one that I can probably keep with the lighting setup I am planning, so they were my first choice, but I don't know if they get too big...
:joy: :happyfish

shels

Leheath
Thank You. Yes that is Moose, my 8 month old puppy, I have his mother also.
My female Maroon clown is around 3 1/2 to 4 inches. I have had her 3 1/2 years, I am not sure of her age. When I bought my tank she came with it. They are my favorite of all the clowns.