maroon dance ? i hope

crashedin0

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
well came home with 2 maroons the both are kinda incomplete striped
well both about the same size maybe 1 and a half inches
well i put them in and they kinda wondered and then they kinda tail slaped each other
then it happened i mean crazy battle

so i scooped up the bigger one and after 5 min reintroduced him
now he will wonder then strike so little dude will go and run for cover
then it happens all over chill and hit then chill and hit
but no more all out fights yet
do you think they will lighten up
or will i just need to move apart
i think ill let them go and just seperate when i see it get to

[hr]

dogstar

The bigger one is claiming dominance over the smaller one and should if not all ready turn into a female. The smaller one now will, should, hopefully turn male. " This is all normal. " Theres a good chance that the male will survive and then later they will pair up and lay eggs. The female then will grow much larger than the male over time. Theres also a chance that the male could be killed.

crashedin0

killed thats what im scared of
is there a way i can tell if there already females
i turned off the lights and they chilled out then this morning i turned them on an wack she starts being mean agin how long till i kno if he will make it
i dont think she can kill if physically i mean he still looks fine (no damage to the fins eyes gills ) but i kno the stress will do it
i dont think the tank is ready but would throwing a seabea anemone in the help
the lfs had them for 10 bucks so even if he dies if its elp them get along what do i care

unleashed

Originally Posted by crashedin0
killed thats what im scared of
is there a way i can tell if there already females
i turned off the lights and they chilled out then this morning i turned them on an wack she starts being mean agin how long till i kno if he will make it
i dont think she can kill if physically i mean he still looks fine (no damage to the fins eyes gills ) but i kno the stress will do it
i dont think the tank is ready but would throwing a seabea anemone in the help
the lfs had them for 10 bucks so even if he dies if its elp them get along what do i care
the sebae anenome is one of the hardest to keep . clowns do not have to host an anenome to be healthy.adding something to your tank you know is not ready for yet would be very irrisponsible.it may just take time for your maroons to adjust .just be patient

crashedin0

i have a seabea in my 10 gal which they told me not to do
with pcs which they told me not to do
and he has survved and even grown and started to get his color back
i bought him "white" he is grown and is turning brownsih which is kinda nice
but would it help the maroons get along or not make a differance
if it is a dies but the clowns get along ten i would just need to move on
but if he dies and the wont do anything for the clown the why bother

reefiness

IMO the anemone would just give the female another reason to continue to fight with the male, the female would most likely host the anemone and would then become territorial toward the male along with its normal fight so i would say wait until they pair off until you get your anemone.