Maroons not eating?

fishguy77

I bought a pair of gold bar maroon clownfish the other day, and I can't seem to get them to eat. They look perfectly healthy. In fact, I bought a bubble tip anemone for them on the same day and they were both in it within a minute or two of being released in the tank.
They spend all their time in the anemone, and they seem active within it. However, I've tried frozen brine, pellet, and flake foods, and they just seem to ignore it even if I drop the food directly on them. All the clownfish I've had in the past (true percs and ocellaris) have eaten like pigs from the very beginning, so I'm puzzled by these guys.
Anybody have a similar experience, or have suggestions about what to do? It's only been 3 days that I've had them, so maybe they need more time? Suggestions would be appreciated.

skipperdz

did u try dipping the food in extreme garlic solution...should help. how long have you had them? some times it takes a day or two to adjust and get comfortable to eat.

dawman

Garlic works wonders for picky eaters . If they eat with the garlic added , use it for a few weeks and slowly ween them off . Also a well known food clowns accept is Cyclop-eez . Frozen or dry .