Massechusetts Residents

russianspy

Sinse we're all seeing where we are from I thought I'd see if I'm the lonely MA person at SWF.com, Any good Fish places to share?

chilidog

Hi ur not alone anymore im here for ya.I know of a realy realy good LFS in Revere, MA its on 200 Lynnway.The place is called Sea Creatures.They got everything u could want in there. There phone number is (781)286-FISH if you want some directions or ask em some questions.The owner is cool and wont lie to ya.No BS when it comes to telling you what u need and what to do.

C

crm13

Western mass.
There's a place in Feeding Hills on rt. 57 that's really good, Aquadreams. I think they have a website as well. It's a small place but they are very knowledgeable and have been around for quite some time. They specialize in saltwater reefkeeping and they're displays are laid out really nice.

russianspy

I go to tropic Isle alot, There is a really good one in plainfield, I'd say better then TROPIC ISLE......Good coral selection at both

saltaddict

Best place hands down is Coral reef in Seekonk mass. great service, great selection and decent prices google these words you will find it . I think Tropical Isl is way too expensive.

sw65galma

Originally posted by saltaddict
Best place hands down is Coral reef in Seekonk mass. great service, great selection and decent prices google these words you will find it . I think Tropical Isl is way too expensive.

ROAD TRIP time! :jumping:
Tropic Isle is way expensive! But the people there know thier stuff..not just spewing buzz words..

fishman9

I like coarl reef, but Fintastic Fish has much better deals and are a lot more friendly. Go talk to Barry there and he will help you with anything you need!!!! That's in plainville i have the address if you want it.:D

sw65galma

Originally posted by fishman9
I like coarl reef, but Fintastic Fish has much better deals and are a lot more friendly. Go talk to Barry there and he will help you with anything you need!!!! That's in plainville i have the address if you want it.:D

Ya can you email me too
sw65galma@yahoo.com

russianspy

Originally posted by saltaddict

YA, Def. a road trip, googling all that though.....I'll try

nyfireman3

Hey can you guys please PLEASE email me address to these places @ nyfireman3097@aol.com my fiancee lives in Mass and im there alot and she comes here alot i would love to have places to go to out there when im there
thanx Nick

nw2sltfsh

Hi everyone -
I also live in MA Southcoast (New Bedford Actually) I have had fish tanks for more then half my life - Being in My EARLY 30s I know that isnt very long. But I moved to MA 8 years ago and find it very difficult to find a quality store around here. I have found a few that are nice and some that should be part of a horror movie. One that is really bad is actually in RI and made me want to call PETA.
I think this thread is great and I love the link with comments. My hubby and I have been spending the weekends going throughout MA and RI to check out LFS in the area for the past month.
My favorite by far based on choice is in RI and for quality and actually providing good info and not just wanting the $$ is in Mattapoisette (sp?)
I was told by a LFS that i could put a shark in my 110G and he would be fine -
So yeah I "COULD" put him in there - but could he live happily - I think not!!
This is awsome - thanks for the Good ideas

nw2sltfsh

Hi RussianSpy - I spent last saturday in that rain looking for that store in seakonk (sorry for the spelling) I drove RT 6 from barrington RI to New Bedford -
Where is it - you are about the teth person who said that is the best store hands down and cant find it
HELP!!!!! My hubby is killin me with these road trips -- just to find a store that I am starting to beleive doesnt exist

russianspy

Originally posted by NW2SLTFSH
Hi RussianSpy - I spent last saturday in that rain looking for that store in seakonk (sorry for the spelling) I drove RT 6 from barrington RI to New Bedford -
Where is it - you are about the teth person who said that is the best store hands down and cant find it
HELP!!!!! My hubby is killin me with these road trips -- just to find a store that I am starting to beleive doesnt exist

Ya thy don't have a sign that you can see but just drive a bit slower and look around and you'll see it right away, its not hard to miss, you only miss it becasue it isn't where you think it is
I went there....It was kinda a sad place, good selectioon but iwas scared to buy anything they all had aiptsia

nw2sltfsh

Thank you all for the hints as to where it is - I found it yesterday (finally) I was starting to think it was something with a JK Rowlings type Harry Potter Non Plottable charm on it.
It is very small - They did not have a very varied fish selection. but the like rock Looked nice and the price was good.
It wasnt exactly what I was expecting from the hype.
By the way what is aiptsia - is that the Black stuff that is caked on the rocks??
Thanks again!

phreakemup

Guys, I work at a place in W Warwick, in RI.. We are openeing up a new place, in Fall River, in the same exact plaza as the mill Stores.. Anyone want more exact directions, lemme know, I would be happy to post in.. The store should be open on nov first!
Chad

nw2sltfsh

count me in on wanting to know more -- Directions -- whatever you may have --
Also What store in west Warick? Name if you can
thanks