Mating Clowns???

rackyrane

How do you tell if your clowns are mating? Mine are doing some funny dancing in sychrony. What should I watch for?

camillo

watch for --- lol, thats usually a good indication of mating. lol no but seriously im not sure, however i am pretty sure that having an anenome will help as they might lay eggs near it to keep them in a safe place from other tank members

fishy7

Originally Posted by Rackyrane
How do you tell if your clowns are mating? Mine are doing some funny dancing in sychrony. What should I watch for?
This is a sign of submission, this is the male. The female will lay eggs and the male will fertilize them. You will know when this happens.

mscarpena

Well first of all clowns don't have ---. The female will lay the eggs then the male will come and fertilize them. What you are seeing is them bnding and forming a pair. You will only know that it's going to happen when they lay eggs. They may lay eggs in 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years or never. A good indications is that they are preparing or cleaning a rock off. Also you do not need an anemone, but in my opion it does help to make them feel secure.