maxi-jet questions""

smellsfishy

Just put in a new maxi-jet 900. My problem is the output "deflector" that attaches to the output "nozzle" doesnt fit tight enough. It just shoots off when I try to attach it. I guess I could just leave it off, but it'd be nice to be able to spread out the flow...sort of...
Anyone know a safe trick to get this thing to stay put?
Thanks
Dean

jumpfrog

Check in the box it came in and look for a piece of plastic tube that has two points sticking out from the side. Your deflector should snap onto those two points. Then just make sure the adapter is pressed tight on the ph itself. Should hold together nicely. If you don't have the extention tube with the two points then it is missing.
Good Luck!

smellsfishy

yeah, I put that on. And put the plug in the hole at the top. its loose where the adapter fits onto the PH. But... I just had a thought. I'll try to use a plastic zip-tie. that may work. the adapter is slotted, so I may get it to grip the nozzle.

pmauro

try carefully heating the plastic and get it out of round ever so slightly it should hold after that. Or try a small piece of flexable plastic like from a document protector and use it like a shim.

smellsfishy

gee...when you PUSH the adapter on the nozzle...it snaps into place! DUH!! I'm a knucklehead...:rolleyes:
I guess I was trying to be too nice to the darn thing... lol Works just fine now.