Maxima under T-5

gill again68

Well that says it. I want to put a Maxima in the tank but I know with that lighting that a bottom placement is pretty much out of the question I would think. So what about a mid or upper. I feel very confident that placing it at the top would be fine and I have a place in mind. However I also have a mid to lower nook that would be great but I worry that the lighting would not be strong enough. I have 4 T-5s that are running at 84 watts each on a 90 gal system. The tank is 24" deep.Thats 3.7 watts per gallon. I know Par is the ultimate guage but I dont have the par rating sorry. I currently have a Derasa sitting on the bottom and it has been doing great.

meowzer

I have my small maxima in the 29G under T5's....seems happy to me
Personally I would place it upper top of the tank

gill again68

Thats what I thought. I feel it would be fine at the top. Just wondered about the mid? Trying to read up on all the different ones. I am fast becoming a big fan of clams.

gill again68

Ok so I found this link. I removed the link. I think there are links within the link that may be an issue. If you want the link I can send it to you. It looks to have a lot of great information and also suggest a couple of books. Let me know what you think. You may have some better sources or insight. I did find a lot of information about trace element needs as well. Check out the part of reproduction. I remember your clam that got sick and was wondering if there were in similarities to things that trigger spawning?

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill again68 http:///forum/thread/382240/maxima-under-t-5#post_3334756
Ok so I found this link. I removed the link. I think there are links within the link that may be an issue
. If you want the link I can send it to you. It looks to have a lot of great information and also suggest a couple of books. Let me know what you think. You may have some better sources or insight. I did find a lot of information about trace element needs as well. Check out the part of reproduction. I remember your clam that got sick and was wondering if there were in similarities to things that trigger spawning?
If I am remembering right you could also PM BTLDReef she used to raise clams. She should be able to give you some good information on them and what their requirements are...

gill again68

Yeah, thought about that while I was reading the link I found. There was a lot of information in there about breeding clams. I may do that at some point but I find that people with better understanding can help better when you ask better questions.