Maybe trying to breed?

missnano

So my clownfish have been going to this same rock, the bigger one which i assume is the female, will go to and look like she is having a seizure to me, lol. Then the male will go to it and do this. They both go and do this and they will do this off and on for awhile, Sometime just been swimming and do it. However they do all this within a hour or so. However I have seen no eggs while they do this, am i missing something?

spanko

I have seen where breeders put a clay pot or a flat rock for the fish to lay their eggs on. Sounds like yours are doing the bump and grind though

missnano

LoL, yeah they are doing it, just havent seen any eggs, might have to get a clay pot for them... wow i need a bigger tank lol

2quills

Well I don't know about clownfish doing it but I know when my cichlids are getting it on it sounds much like the same thing and it isn't long after that I'll find one with a mouthfull of eggs and then little babies there after. The problem now is getting them to stop doing it, or maybe I'll just go into the breeding business :)

missnano

HAHA, too funny. Havent seen any eggs yet. However, will a hermit crab or a fire shrimp eat the eggs if they come across them?

Y

yoshii

My clowns have been doing the same thing ever since I got them, but I never see any eggs, and they do it in different spots around the tank

Y

yoshii

Originally Posted by MissNano
http:///forum/post/3269749
Yeah that does sound like it. I am keeping an eye on the tank to see if they lay any eggs. They seem to have an eye on a certain rock. So i hoping "if" they lay eggs they do it there and not somewhere i cant see.
Same here :p
I've heard that they will sometimes like to lay their eggs on a glass cleaner magnet thing,sure is easy to remove, but I think that might only be if the magnet is the only decent surface in teh tank :/