Maze Brain Questions

hops523

Ive made a few threads on this because Im still trying to figure out if I have a maze brain, or something else. But I was wondering when you touch a maze brain is it hard or soft? Mine is hard. And how often do the tentacles come out? Because Ive never seen this guy put out any tentacles. And even when I feed it small pieces of mysis shrimp, it doesnt put out any tentacles it just eats the shrimp with one of its mouths.

iyachtuxivm

Maze brains are hard. They put out tenticles after dark usually. Most the time tenticles are small. I have seen some that are really long too though. If it eats dont worry.

hops523

Ok so theyre hard, so I think I may have a maze brain. Should I try and feed it at night? Even at night Ive never seen any tentacles, and Ive had him for almost a month.

iyachtuxivm

Turn off flow and feed it. It will probly be easier when dark. Give it a couple of hours to get interested and eat. Then get it on a schedule slowly acclimating it to eat when lights are on. Just a couple times a week and soon it will be waiting for you!

hops523

Yeah thats what I do. During the day when I spot feed my other coral, I spot feed that guy. The lights are on, and all flow is off. I feed it small pieces of mysis shrimp. I just put the shrimp on top of the coral, and no tentacles come out. The shrimp just gets to a mouth and it starts eating it. But shouldnt there be some tentacles out when he's eating?