McCoskers flasher wrasse

lmforbis

I year or so ago I purchased this McCoskers flasher wrasse frame DD. It never looked a lot like a McCoskers but there are some similarities. The last month or so it has developed a dark blue/purple coloration on its head stretching to the dorsal fin. Here are a couple pics, any ideas? Is it a McCoskers or something else?
Pic to follow when the server issues at SWF are resolved

lmforbis

That was my thought. It is bigger than any mcCoskers I’ve ever seen close to 3.5 in, longer than my adult flame angel.

jay0705

Wow. My malnerus is close to that size. It was either miss id or its a hybrid would be my guess

lmforbis

It has grown a ton. It is probably twice the size it was when I got him less than a year ago as a blemish fish from DD.

jay0705

Oh wow. So it wasn't adult status. It very could have been miss identified. The types of wrasse is unreal

jay0705

Adult color phase. I believe is the final color. Once fully mature. I could be wrong tho lol

lmforbis

Could be. He started to develop the blue head when I added the anthias. I wonder if he sees them as female wrasses. My old one used to flash my fire fish.

lmforbis

Still doesn’t look like a terminal phase McCoskers. It’s a pretty fish and so far he hasn’t jumped out of the tan like my old one. Just curious about other people’s opinion.