Mean peppermint shrimp

clownme

I think I have a defective peppermint shrimp. He seems more focused on killing my snails then he is on eating aiptasia. Last night after lights out the pep came out; and as I watched him, he started messing with one of the snails by going under him and trying to almost rip it open. He must have seen me, because he ran and hid again. This morning, that same snail is now gone from its shell. I am no detective, but I would say it was definetly Bob(the pep shrimp); in the aquarium; with the plumbers wrench

Seriously though, is this normal?

schadiest1

i personally haven't heard of that. are you spot feeding the shrimp anything? he may just be hungry.
"a defective shrimp"
now that's funny!

dmitry

I'm not sure if I'd call my peppermints "defective," but they've definitely got a psychotic streak to them. They travel together, always in the dark (letting current carry them from place to place at night - so you just suddenly see something fly past you!), and always appear to be up to no good. Whether it's eating my pagoda cup (it's possible they were eating a dying part of it), or hanging out on top of my open brain, or on top of my BTA - which refuses to eat them. I've named them Druscilla and Darla - two psychotic vampires on "Buffy" and "Angel."

clownme

Thanks for the response. I guess its just nature taking its course :mad:
Another snail bites the dust!