meat coral

who dey

anyone ever heard of it. I just bought what the guy - the store called a meat coral. I've never heard of it, but it's really neat, kinda looks like a brain, purple and green

who dey

Looks cool so far, has expanded alot in just a short time. Tank is looking better all the time! Love when have a new coral to put in!! Think next we might go for a Zoo.

who dey

The guy at the sore was DEFINITLY wrong if that is a meat coral. Ours does not look like that!! Has a much wider center, and is much thicker. He told us to feed ours krill when it's mouth is open!

pyro

Little off topic - but Jeff... I see that your green stars have spread cross rock, did you do anything to promote that such as aim a power head at them?
Hmmm, meat coral.... sounds.... beefy
. Can you post a picture of it? Even if it is low quality?

who dey

we will be posting pics this weekend!! we are pissed that we do not have digital camera right now!! We are getting hooked up this weekend and will post this coral!!

jeffro8332

PYRO,
actually those are two different types of GSP one has green centers and the other has green tenticles. and no i don't try to spread them actually they are issolated so they can't spread off the current rocks and take over the whole tank.
WHO DEY,
i wouldn't be mad if your "meat coral" doesn't look like that. i think the term " meat coral" came about because people just needed a broad term to call this species of coral. i believe there are several very diiferent types of coral that fit under this broad title. all i can suggest is take a picture and as the boards for an ID. someone will give a sure answer.
HTH
j