Meet my fish.

mandarin w

I am bored tonight, so I thought I would take some pictures of my fish. I couldn't get pictures of all of them, some are very camera shy. While these guys see me and they come swimming out to so hi. (ok, truth be told, they are saying feed me again, but I like to lie to myself
)

This is my sailfin tang, I've had him for about 5 years. He was one of my first fish. My LFS lied to me and told my that he would be just fine in my 75. Well as you see he is small for 5 years old, and he wasn't that small when I got him. After I got him and a few years later when I realized he belonged in a much bigger tank, It took a while to get a bigger tank for him. But the little guy has suffered. I just wanted to make it clear to people considering a tang for a smaller tank. They may seem fine, but they do pay a price. He is in his 180 now and he is much happier.

This is my flagfin angel, Don't think about her if you are a newbie, This fish is hard to keep, I've had her for about 3 years. She is a hoot. She is a good girl, doesn't bother my corals at all. I love her purple lips.

This is my schooling banner butterfly's, They are so beautiful. The funny thing is my sailfin tang loves to school right along side of them. It is a beautiful site.

The is my purple tile fish. This is my speacial little guy, I reasued him three years ago, from some body that thought a fish is a fish, keep them in water, and no big deal. These fish are very very hard to keep alive in a tank. They really shouldn't be sold to anyone unless they can prove they can take care of them. Other wise it is a certain death sentence for the fish. But he couldn't go back to the ocean, so I read, and read everything I could find on them. and managed to keep him for 3 years now.
The point of this thread is to let the new,frustrated hobbyist know. That we all started in this hobby not knowing Instant Ocean from Morton, but we learned, and they will too. and in time, they will get it and everything will come together. and they will eventually be able to keep the more exotic fish too.

cyclops

I like your Butterflies, are they reef safe. I was thinking about getting a Sailfin but I only have a 135G so I decided against it and go for another blue hippo. Nice fish
Thanks

aquageek

I like the pic of your flagin. Too bad you can't get a bigger clearer shot. I have a flagfin that I bot via the internet last december. I love this fish. It does get stressed easy at times. Mine eats out of my hand.

dogstar

Nice. Thanks for shareing.
My Sailfin is also my favorite....also the first fish I ever bought as a newbe 5 years back for a 120g. I feel lucky that most all of my early purchases are still with me....
The Sailfin is a very alert and peacefull fish in my community and not shy, eats from my hand. Always wanted a few Banners but cant do em with my tank now.....

mandarin w

Thank you for the compliments.
I can't tell you how many time I just sat and watched those butterfly's, Now that is the best way to end any bad day.
Best stress remover on the planet. :jumping: