Metal halide in 24 g dx ?

mojo46825

I am thinking of buying a kit from nanotuners that will alow a 70 watt in the stock hood of my 24g dx. It will have upgraded fans ect. Is this enough light? I see most of you are using this on a 12 gal. I want to keep the stock look but want the extra light. What do you all think? Please help.

mojo46825

Ok so No one has any input on this setup. What about skimmers? does everyone put a skimmer in there nano or just use the filter the way it came? I have read that martini uses a small piece of filter material rather than the big sponge and some live rock. Just trying to use the best setup in my tank before I add a bunch of stuff. And help would be greatful. Thanks

scsinet

When I researched this, I read in a lot of places that the halides built into the stock hoods had heat issues. I ended up using a K2 viper and removed the stock top.
I do not run a skimmer on my 24, but without the top you should be able to run an AquaC Remora Nano with no problem.

mojo46825

ou sure u dont want to sell it? let me know if you change your mind. thats exactly what i was looking for. You build it? a dyi kit or what? thank you.

jacksdad

Originally Posted by mojo46825
ou sure u dont want to sell it? let me know if you change your mind. thats exactly what i was looking for. You build it? a dyi kit or what? thank you.

A friend built it for me, but he isn't, at least I don't think, doing them anymore. Too busy. If you have any electrical capabilities at all, I think you could do it. If you are interested I can pass along some pictures of the process.
Bob.

mojo46825

Ok well i ordered a Metal Halide DYI kit for my hood. The ballasts a 10ooo aqualine bulb ect. i ll let ya know and take some pics of my progress. shoulld get by the end of the week. about $300 invested for the upgrade hop its worht it. thanks

L

lbaskball

70watt should be fine. I was running 150watts in my 24. Check out my thread titled "my new 24gal Dx!!!!" under nano tanks.

whyowhy

Hey, i'm looking for a chiller for a 12 gal nano. Can you send me some info on yours please? whyowhy at gmail.com

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by cjason3041
i put a sunpod 150 HQI MH on a 29 G biocube.....love it!!!
I have a 29g biocube, too. Could you post a picture so I can see what it looks like with the sunpod? I'm assuming it's the 20". Thanks!