MI tanks for sale

leigh

Okay folks, this makes me sad, but really during the recent blackout I discovered my only real source of stress (relating to electricity) was the fish tanks. From vacations to power outages I think I'm just putting too much time and $$ into my tanks, so, sadly my reef and invert tank are for sale. (I'm still gonna keep my lil nano--and I'm still gonna keep my eye out for a nice drilled tank, so don't worry, I'm not leaving the hobby or anything--I'm just trying to simplify my life)...so here's the low down:
50 gal reef:
1 purple tang (it's been a rescue project so it still has some signs of HLLE, but is much improved and I'd be more than happy to give it's future owner my own personal recipe for success on hlle)
bunch of little hermits--mostly scarlets
bunch of snails--various--conch, mexican snails, turbo snails, and sand sifting
3 serpent starfish
a few peppermint shrimp
a cleaner shrimp
feather dusters
various corals (a couple leathers, mushrooms, bubble, frogspawn, hammer, ricordia, sun coral, and one brain coral)
260 watt jbj lights with flip top stand (8 month old bulbs so they could use replacing sometime relatively soon)
about 40-50 lbs of live rock
sand bed--not exactly deep--probably about 2.5-3 inches
50 gal invert tank:
20-30 lbs of live rock
deep sand bed
godzilla (a crazy killer red hairy hermit crab--about the size of a grown man's fist--who i absolutely love so please please please good homes only)
a blue knee hermit crab, slightly smaller than godzilla
a couple halloween hermits
a sally lightfoot
peppermint shrimp
mexican and turbo snails
a couple tri-color hermits
an orange tree sponge
130 watt coralife pc light (bulbs about 6 months old)
godzilla is *NOT* fish safe. He is not safe for anything slower than him--this includes fish, urchins and starfish.
With this there is an overflow box and all plumbing to connect the two tanks together, a prizm protein skimmer, a heater, and an auto top off system I've rigged up with a rubbermaid bin for water storage and a tsunami switch. If sold together obviously all this equipment (and i'll include food and such) and the stand will go with the person, if not all the equipment I figure should go with the reef--but I'm open to discussion on this point.
$800 reef
$300 invert tank
$1000 for both together
I'm not looking to part stuff out cause I'm really not in any big hurry with this.

leigh

only after people choose to buy the reef/invert tanks without the overflow. i'll let you know if it becomes available if you'd like.

lesa

If you want to part out let me know also.:)
I have read all of your threads about Godzilla and I do hope he goes to a good home:D To bad you cannot keep him:(

leigh

colorado deb, I don't wish you lived closer to me, I wish I lived closer to you! (geez I miss living in wyoming :D ) hmm...well i'm going to go today and look into a bigger nano--something i could keep godzilla in (i really love that crab)...and if i go with that than i'll think about parting stuff out and i'll let you all know!
-leigh

dzones

Wouldn't be able to drive but I would pay overnight shipping on the live and ground shipping on all the dry goods.
think about it...
email me if you would like.
Thanks
Dave

leigh

Okay--I'm willing to start parting it out. Livestock and corals first and local only (not interested in shipping). Drop me an e-mail if you're interested (or post here, either works). triathlongeek@hotmail.com
-leigh

justinx

OK, well my umich account is pissed right now, so I'll post it here. I would be interested in the bubble, hammer, and possibly a leather. I would like to see some pictures of them first though, and if possible, in person. I work in ann arbor at the hospital, so I would obviously pick them up. Hopefully we can work something out. I just hope that they are not too big . . . i only got 20 gallons to play with.
Jusitn
justinbm@med.umich.edu

leigh

justin, the bubble is fairly aggressive, so it may not be suitable for a 20 gal, but the hammer and leathers are all of more reasonable sizes (one of the leathers actually keeps spewing frags so i can hook you up with a baby of that if you'd like). i can be available in the morning wed, thurs, or fri of this week. still not quite sure what the weekend holds, though i should also be available friday afternoon--you're welcome to come bye anytime, i can e-mail you directions--er, i will e-mail you directions...so consider yourself to have mail. of the three, the only one i have a pic of is the bubble--this is shortly after i got it so it's quite a bit bigger now... mmync i just wrote you too....

khmoney11

i would be interested in some of your corals, hermits, and snails. i would be available to pick them up wed or thur if you would be able to work something out. let me know,
thanks
nate