MIA .... dwarf angel .....

psycho

ok ... I just now got home from a 3 day trip as Im a flight attendant, I came in checked on my tank (12g nano) I have a clown and a bubble tip anemone, last week I bought a dwarf angel to put in my tank as well. He was hiding some but was eating and swimming around a little just shy which is normal in a new home, but he mostly stayed in the back behind the live rock. I get home to night turn on my light to check on everyone and ..... I can not find that dwarf angel anywhere... I moved the rock, looked in filter area, checked on the floor around the aquarium.... and nothing!
what could of happened to him? :( could the anemone of ate him? ... there is no bones, no parts, ... not a single thing to even suggest that there was another fish in there with my clown and bubble tip. If the bubble tip did eat it how will I know? any help would be great, as Im not happy with it for eating a 35.00 meal. :( please help....

psycho

I can also do my perimeter checks and post them if that would help.. just need to know if it sounds like the anenome ate it, and if so .... I may be taking the clowns house back to my lfs. that makes me unhappy if that is the case. :( and i know the angel was in good health, my lfs has had that some one for over 3 weeks.

novahobbies

Why don't you go ahead and post your parameters, just for curiosities' sake. Just FYI, not too many people risk an anemone in a 12 gallon tank.... some people worry about the lighting if the hood uses power compact lights, and others (myself included) are concerned because of incidents like the one you may have just had -- anemones can swell up fairly large from time to time, and that makes it difficult for a non-anemonefish to keep away from the stinging tentacles in the small confines of a 12g tank.
Personally I wouldn't shy away from keeping an anemone in a 12g tank if the water movement and lighting is good. But I would only keep at most a mated pair of clowns in there with him if I did.
As for your missing fish......yeah, it's a good chance he's 'nem food. You probably won't see much of the remains for a fish that small too. Anemones can ingest a lot of hard material. I had one eat a tang and the only thing I ever saw of the remains was a part of the skull.

ibew41

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///forum/thread/381881/mia-dwarf-angel#post_3329370
Why don't you go ahead and post your parameters, just for curiosities' sake. Just FYI, not too many people risk an anemone in a 12 gallon tank.... some people worry about the lighting if the hood uses power compact lights, and others (myself included) are concerned because of incidents like the one you may have just had -- anemones can swell up fairly large from time to time, and that makes it difficult for a non-anemonefish to keep away from the stinging tentacles in the small confines of a 12g tank.
Personally I wouldn't shy away from keeping an anemone in a 12g tank if the water movement and lighting is good. But I would only keep at most a mated pair of clowns in there with him if I did.
As for your missing fish......yeah, it's a good chance he's 'nem food. You probably won't see much of the remains for a fish that small too. Anemones can ingest a lot of hard material. I had one eat a tang and the only thing I ever saw of the remains was a part of the skull.
+1 tank is to small for anem and fish other than clowns