Michael Vick An Eagle???????

pontius

I have always thought Vick was overrated (as a QB), I've never really liked him, and I think the whole dogfighting thing is despicable.
but the undeniable fact of the matter is that the judge gave him a sentence and he served the sentence.
I can't really see him playing QB again unless McNabb gets hurt. I know Kolb got hurt, so maybe that's why they got him. but I can only see him as a slash receiver.

casper1875

I'm sick to my stomach. I've been an Eagles fan for years. Put up with Buddy, and Richie, even TO. Watched my team go from feast to famine, time and time again, but I can't stand this. I might have to form a possie and storm the Lincoln Center.

troy989

i hate micheal vick. thats disgusting that he had so many dogs just to fight. i think his punishment they should have him fight some big guy to the death in a pen

aquaknight

While I feel that he should be allowed to play (if no teams wanted him, I am fine with that too), but I am pretty glad he didn't wind up in Buffalo. All they talked about during the HOF game was how the Bills fans are so supporting and they could see Vick in Buffalo....

kjr_trig

I also have no problem with him playing. What he did was despicable, but he served his time, I trust Roger Goodell's judgment that he was remorseful.
As far as football, he would make a good Cordell Stewart type player, he was one of fastest players in the league. I don't know why people say he was such a poor QB, damn he took the Falcons one step from the Superbowl. He's not Tom Brady, but he's not Ryan Leaf either.

pontius

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3110571
As far as football, he would make a good Cordell Stewart type player, he was one of fastest players in the league. I don't know why people say he was such a poor QB, damn he took the Falcons one step from the Superbowl. He's not Tom Brady, but he's not Ryan Leaf either.
"one step from the Superbowl" means absolutely nothing. Delhomme took the Panthers TO THE SUPERBOWL and he is god awful. Trent Dilfer WON THE SUPERBOWL and he too was god awful.
Vick is fast. nothing more, nothing less. he never improved as a passer and he never learned to make good in-the-pocket decisions or control a game. except for just being fast, Vick is probably the most overrated player ever in the NFL. and now he's playing behind a HoF caliber QB. so he may as well taking it for a learning experience because unless McNabb gets hurt, Vick ain't playing QB in Philly.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3110593
"one step from the Superbowl" means absolutely nothing. Delhomme took the Panthers TO THE SUPERBOWL and he is god awful. Trent Dilfer WON THE SUPERBOWL and he too was god awful.
Vick is fast. nothing more, nothing less. he never improved as a passer and he never learned to make good in-the-pocket decisions or control a game. except for just being fast, Vick is probably the most overrated player ever in the NFL. and now he's playing behind a HoF caliber QB. so he may as well taking it for a learning experience because unless McNabb gets hurt, Vick ain't playing QB in Philly.
Vick is not a good qb I will agree. But he is one of the most dangerous weapons a offense could use.

aquaknight

Wait, Vick unlikely to play? He is behind old and busted McNabb right? Has McNabb even played a injuryless full season since his Superbowl meltdown?

jusmebabe

He served his time. He's working with the Humane society not the yahoos at PETA so let him move on.
There's alot of supposedl animals lovers who have cats and dogs pets and treat them inhumanely.
I worked for 10 years at City and County shelters and SPCA and saw everyday what abuse is and it was from people who were dog and cat lovers.
If he had signed with the Cowboys I wouldn't have minded.
He's going to be a running back/quarterback. While he was never a QB he is a great decoy.
Love him or hate him he's back..
Congrats Eagles..

mantisman51

He was far over-rated as a QB or RB. Any team that he actually plays for will live through a slow, downhill death-spiral until he is finally cut. The Falcons proved it wasn't Vick that made them good. They have been a much better team without him. I neither like nor dislike him as a player. But he isn't very good. He can't make a clutch decision and like most running QB's excels at neither running nor passing-just "almost good" at either. Steve Young and Warren Moon are the only two running QB's that could excel at both. Moon, with any decent team would have had Super Bowl rings. Too bad, he was a true warrior and athlete.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3110593
Arguing with you makes my head hurt like banging it on a wall.

Trent Dilfer, Jake Delhomne and Mike Vick all have winning records as starting QB's in the National Football League
What more do you want???? Not everybody is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Kurt Warner.

It's not like the Falcons had the best defense in the league when he went 38-28 as a starter, or was throwing to hall of fame receivers and running backs.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3110633

Trent Dilfer, Jake Delhomne and Mike Vick all have winning records as starting QB's in the National Football League
What more do you want???? Not everybody is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Kurt Warner.

It's not like the Falcons had the best defense in the league when he went 38-28 as a starter, or was throwing to hall of fame receivers and running backs.
you forgot Tony Romo

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3110629
He was far over-rated as a QB or RB. Any team that he actually plays for will live through a slow, downhill death-spiral until he is finally cut. The Falcons proved it wasn't Vick that made them good. They have been a much better team without him. I neither like nor dislike him as a player. But he isn't very good. He can't make a clutch decision and like most running QB's excels at neither running nor passing-just "almost good" at either. Steve Young and Warren Moon are the only two running QB's that could excel at both. Moon, with any decent team would have had Super Bowl rings. Too bad, he was a true warrior and athlete.
The Falcons won like 3 games the year he was found guilty and then they fired everybody and brought in new people. That was the difference.
Also since so many people have no idea about NFL rules. Mike Vick wont be a qb in the nfl right now. The Eagles have a solid number 1 and number 2,. In order for a 3rd string qb to play you have to bench the first two guys and they cant come back in to play.
They will most likely place the Wr tag or Rb tag on him. That way he can line up on the field with Mcnabb and be a very powerful weapon.
I know a lot of people hate him for what he did but let that hate make you sound like a complete fool.

pontius

http:///forum/post/3110633

Vick was overrated. when a rookie can replace you and improve the team immediately, there really is no argument about whether he was overrated or not.
and tell anybody that Dilfer was a good NFL QB and they're probably going to laugh in your face.

mantisman51

Vick wasn't a distraction or anything was he? Anyway, I'll let Vick's sad play, if he ever does, be my vindication. I'm just glad he didn't go to KC.

al mc

I live in 'Iggles country'......I have no idea what they are thinking....either in human or football terms.