MIchaelTx and NMReef and experienced members

joker

Hey Folks,
help clear up this matter as far as aptasia please:(
See the thread by TangMan99 on "id with better pics"
I am going to buy a reef reference manual for marine biologists tomorrow. The damn thing is extensive and is LOADED with pics and descriptions. Big $$$$$'s, but worth it:D

nm reef

If aptasia are present they need to be controlled or they can rapidly overrun a system and cause extensive damage...but I'm not certain the thread mentioned is actually aptasia....I'll look back at it and see whats going on....there are numerous sources on-line for recent info on aptasia and a search here can bring up numerous thread which discuss them in detail.
Which book are you considering...sounds like it could be a very useful source of information.:cool:

ophiura

But also keep in mind there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of little anemones that only experts (and there aren't many) might be able to ID. Then there are probably loads more that are new to science.
I think Bang Guy had the right idea. Watch it, preferably in a species tank, but if you notice rapid reproduction, take action.

joker

I dont remember the name, my memory is shot to he**!! smoked too much seaweed hehehehehee:cool: