Microbubbles from my sump

scotikis

I have 2 drains coming from the corner overflows into the end of my sump. When the water discharges from the PVC tubing it flows over bio balls then into the main part of the 'Fuge. At this point there is a raging torrent of microbubbles that are making their way through the pump, UV and back into the DT.
Any suggections on how to reduce these bubbles without restricting the flow from the tank?

scotikis

Here are the shots I just got. not the highest quality. As you can see on the one pic, I have a powerhead ontop of a piece carbon activated material, which is on top of a trap filled with bio balls.

trouble93

Originally Posted by Scotikis
http:///forum/post/2872585
Here are the shots I just got. not the highest quality. As you can see on the one pic, I have a powerhead ontop of a piece carbon activated material, which is on top of a trap filled with bio balls.
You may want to add a baffle right before the water gets to your return and add a sponge or a sock maybe some polyester fiberfil that will stop the bubbles.

D

dennis210

At the far left of your sump the water just drops in and at the far right it is returned - Correct? You need to add a baffled off chamber on the left and drop the incoming water through filter material - under, then over, & back under 3 walls glued into your sump. This should prevent microbubbles from getting back to your DT.