Midas or Canary blenny?

fishysam

I would go for the midas blenny, it has a lot of personality. canary blennies actually have canine teeth with venomous glands hidden in this little guy but usually doesn't bother other fish. That's all I know.
[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: Admin5 ]

misty927

Fishysam is correct about the canary being poisonous. Have you ever considered a pearly jawfish (yellow-headed jawfish)? They are similar to a blenny. Anyways, mine is just great. He is the cutest little guy and mine is very hardy. There was a mishap when he got too close to the cinnamon clown's anenome, however...a badly nipped top fin, tail fin, and a red bite mark towards the end of his body. He was freaked out for a little while, but I just turned out the lights and let him calm down and he's been great. He's actually gotten a little braver from the incident! He's also very amusing to watch. I just sit there and watch him burrow his home and keep watch all day long. He has the cutest way of maneuvering his eyes that gives him the most worried little face. He's such a character. It's funny watching him go for food. He jets out of his hole, grabs a piece, then hauls butt back. He also has a network of tunnels underneath the live rock. He frequently will go in one hole and come out another side of the live rock. I started out wanting a midas blenny also...and then I moved to the canary, just like you...strange. But I'm very happy with my decision. I find him the jawfish very fascinating and would highly recommend one! It might be a little difficult finding him at your lfs, at least they're kind of rare down here. I ordered mine from SWF.com and I was very pleased! Here are two pictures of the little guys...mine looks exactly like the one to the right; he is constantly poking his little head out!

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: misty927 ]

misty927

Lol...funny. Aren't they the cutest things!?! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do! But considering the circumstances...I'd suggest the Midas...they have the cutest little babyfaces! :)

misty927

Lol...funny. Aren't they the cutest things!?! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do! But considering the circumstances...I'd suggest the Midas...they have the cutest little babyfaces! :)