mini carpet anemone and update pictures since may 2010 crash

nycbob

Had a crash back in may. lost many sps. these pictures were taken in october. slowly, the corals are growing again.

meowzer

BOB, what kind of monti (??) is that in the first pic top left?
I have to say....your tank still is amazing

meowzer

I'm good thanks.....I was just looking at one of them today too HAHA
How about the coral right under it...the one that looks like the moon with spikes HAHA

nycbob

that would be the montipora confusa. It has grown from 3 inches to over 8 since the crash.

meowzer

WOW...so it grows out then,
SO encrusting means on rock and out....and scrolling ...are the ones that grow kinda curly and upwards...is that right??

nissan577

amazing corals! i cant believe you lost the big birdsnest :( im glad your doing an amzing job :) hope things are doing amazing bro! love the tank! atleast you recover after your lost! when my tank crash i gave up on it, but im starting again :)

btldreef

What is that blue coral under the monti? That has the most amazing color I've ever seen in a reef that's not provided by a fish.
Tank looks great.

ibew41

very nice I'm afraid to get the mini carpets heard from to many people of them eating just like the bigger cousins

nycbob

thanx for the reponses. i dont see any blue coral. dont give up on the hobby! i still have the flame angel. the mini carpet is very reef and fish safe. they dont grow that big at all, maybe 3-4 inches max. if u get a chance after the holidays, i will try posting more recent pics.

meowzer

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382616/mini-carpet-anemone-and-update-pictures-since-may-2010-crash#post_3340692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/thread/382616/mini-carpet-anemone-and-update-pictures-since-may-2010-crash#post_3340686
thanx for the reponses. i dont see any blue coral. dont give up on the hobby! i still have the flame angel. the mini carpet is very reef and fish safe. they dont grow that big at all, maybe 3-4 inches max. if u get a chance after the holidays, i will try posting more recent pics.
LOL...the only thing I see under the monti looks like and empty plug

LOL, this is what I get for looking at pictures on my phone. Now that I look at it on the computer I feel like doing this a couple times --->

pirates

glad to see your tank recovering can't wait to see it full again your tank is just amazing i hope that my tank will be half was good as yours love the tank