Mini cycle or full cycle?

ajroc31

Two weeks ago my tank died for most part. Electricity went out for few days, and most of the fish, and some corals died. Last Saturday I look out about 50 gals. of water, most of the sand since it was crushed coral. I replaced it with a DSB of about 5 inches, leaving about 20-30 pounds of original sand. THe filter is the same, put back all the LR about 200 pounds. THe Corals and the remaining fish seem to be doing fine, but I am afraid that the tank will go through a cycle again. Can someone tell me , if it will or not. If so, a major one, or just a short mini cycle.

usinkit

its hard tell. it could either way. how long was the power off for. did you take the rock out and if so for how long?

ajroc31

The power was off for about 30 hours give and take. I did the rock out for about 12 hours. Most of the sand is new, but I tried to save as much of it as possible, without throwing all the CC back in. I had a mixture of both before.

usinkit

if the rock was completely out of water for 12 hours i would say you will go through another cycle for how long cant answer that. i would just be prepared to have some saltwater ready if the ammonia does spike. good luck.