Minimum purchase idea

lexluethar

I think they should make a policy in which you can "opt out" of the 15 day guarantee and overnight shipping in order to purchase live goods w/o purchasing more than 79 dollars worth. Then SWF.com will gain some business from smaller purchases while not losing out on the shipping and 15 day guarantee costs.
I realize SWF.com may have a deal setup that they get a great discount on overnight shipping and no other type of shipping. I do also realize the minumum purchase doesn't deal with dry goods. But I do feel that you could probably get a fish within 2, MAYBE three days in a heated/cooled package and this could possibly (maybe try it for a while to see how costs will work out compared to complants of DOA fish).
So give us hobbiests two options:
Option A) do the 15 day gurantee and overnight shipping, keep minimum shipping at 70 dollars.
Option B) do not do the 15 day gurantee and do a third day select or something similar, then drop the 79 dollar minimum. Also realize that extreme sales may not apply like 1 dollar clowns, ect.
Just an idea. I think this will gain SWF.com a lot of business, while not adding to that variable cost associated with shipping and returned goods.
I posted this in the ask forum too.

jdl

Originally Posted by LexLuethar
http:///forum/post/2608545
I think they should make a policy in which you can "opt out" of the 15 day guarantee and overnight shipping in order to purchase live goods w/o purchasing more than 79 dollars worth. Then SWF.com will gain some business from smaller purchases while not losing out on the shipping and 15 day guarantee costs.
I realize SWF.com may have a deal setup that they get a great discount on overnight shipping and no other type of shipping. I do also realize the minumum purchase doesn't deal with dry goods. But I do feel that you could probably get a fish within 2, MAYBE three days in a heated/cooled package and this could possibly (maybe try it for a while to see how costs will work out compared to complants of DOA fish).
So give us hobbiests two options:
Option A) do the 15 day gurantee and overnight shipping, keep minimum shipping at 70 dollars.
Option B) do not do the 15 day gurantee and do a third day select or something similar, then drop the 79 dollar minimum. Also realize that extreme sales may not apply like 1 dollar clowns, ect.
Just an idea. I think this will gain SWF.com a lot of business, while not adding to that variable cost associated with shipping and returned goods.
I posted this in the ask forum too.
option for UPS ground would be good too. If you live in the same zone, you can get your items next day even shipping it ground. Would save major $
. Fedex ground is a nightmare 7 day journey even if shipping across the street.

cowfishrule

i agree.
forcing a dollar amount isnt very resposible on the part of the seller.
i'd be more than willing to pay the shipping on an order that is less than the $79, especially if its something i've been looking for.
having a nano, i can only go on a piece by piece basis. the current policy here prevents me for ordering here.

renogaw

so you'd rather get a $30 item, and pay over $35 shipping? time to get in a reef club and try to get someone to go in on an order

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2617760
so you'd rather get a $30 item, and pay over $35 shipping? time to get in a reef club and try to get someone to go in on an order
if its the exact piece and size that im looking for, yes.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
http:///forum/post/2617821
if its the exact piece and size that im looking for, yes.
It might help to join another forum that is not affiliated with a single business (as swf.com is) and set up a group buy with local members. It has worked for me in the past.