Missing Domino Damsel

K

keeka333

:( I'm new to this hobby. I have a 29 gallon with a bicolor angel, black velvet damsel, domino damsel, tomato clown, royal gramma, mandarin goby,2 striped damels, and 2 chromis....My other little domino damsel recently disappeared, I can't find it in my tank, i even removed the rocks to check under them....Would one of the fish i have in there eat this little guy? Thanks for any help you can offer me :confused:

None of the fish you listed will eat a domino damsel but, look out, damsels can be very aggressive.
A couple of things about your setup:
Your bio load is high! You have way too many fish for your size tank.
The mandarin is a difficult species to keep. It requires lots of live rock and a very mature system - many suggest about 75lbs of live rock and a system that has been established for at least 7 -12 months. This is because it is a very specialized eater and it will slowly starve to death.
The bicolor angel (as well as all dwarf angels) also requires a mature system - many suggest a system that is at least 6months old.
The reason I mention all of this is because I know you want your fish to thrive and be healthy and since you said that you were new to the hobby, I wasn't sure if you were aware.
Miles

K

keeka333

Thanks very much for your advice. I realize that i have a lot of fish in there, but they all seem very happy...I've had my bi color angel for probably 6 months now, and never had any problems, ...maybe he'll turn up somewhere.... thanks again.

slick

Make sure he didn't decide to go carpet diving. And if you find him dead on the floor don't replace him. Like the others said you bio load is high. Just because your fish look healthy dosen't necesarly mean they are healthy. Just my .02

dsa_mom

Most people just WISH their domino damsels would disappear!
Lots of folks have absolutely torn down their systems trying to catch them. No clue or suggestions as to its whereabouts, sorry!

chef jaysen

Man.......10 fish in a 29 gallon. Needless to say you have a small city goin there. Just curious what you are feeding you mandarin and as for the missing fish look in the power filter. Had one stuck between the mecha and bio filter for a month. Tuff fish.:D

bobo

you said you had the angel for over 6 months, so i guess you're not trully a novice. you probably don't care about my advice since that fish has thrived so long, but still i would really consider getting a bigger tank immediately and start cycling it with some of your damsels. return some of the fishes if you can, or i can bet on some of them dying by the end of the month. the advice about the mandarin should seriously be heeded. how long have you had it and how skinny is it? you shouldn't keep it if it already appears slender and pectoral rib bones very visible. a healthy mandarin should be fat looking. and have you tested your water recently? many of those fishes you have are highly sensitive. these creatures are not as easy to take care of as you might think goldfishes are, and certainly not dispensable no matter how cheap you think they might be. if you don't do something you might be in serious risk of total crash and have your full tank wiped out. i recommend doing some serious research on every fish you got and not believe everything the lfs tell you. don't let the fish suffer please.

bluemarlin

You have more fish in your 29 gallon tank then I do in my 180. I'm not joking or flamming you I am just trying to help. Even if things look good now it could crash tonight. The biolode is way too high. It doesn't matter what filtration you have for the tank its too high. You may want to think about taking some of the fish back or setting up and cycling a bigger tank as has been suggested here already. Good luck and never give up. Its rewarding once you have a thriving system! :D

ophiura

Keeka333,
Please let us know more about your system:
Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, alk and specific gravity levels
Age of tank
How long you have had the different fish
Filtration on the tank
Amount of live rock
If, in fact, the fish is dead, you could end up with a big problem. It is important to know the above in order to help you out here.