Missing greenstar polyp?

joker1

my Green Star Polyp was doin great in my tank, had it for a few days. but all of a sudden it hasnt come out? my lights a PC with dual 65watt day light and a 50/50 with moon light led's so I'm running about 150watts.

joker1

black white saddleback, tank raised perc, bicolor and purple striped dotty back. frogspawn, green flower pot, toadstool, coco worm, 2 emeralds. and red leggs

flower

Leave it alone it will come back out on it's own. Keep a watch on your water test results to make sure all is good there and if it is all is well.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker1 http:///forum/thread/381644/missing-greenstar-polyp#post_3325355
black white saddleback, tank raised perc, bicolor and purple striped dotty back. frogspawn, green flower pot, toadstool, coco worm, 2 emeralds. and red leggs
You should not have different types of clownfish in your tank, they will fight, especially in anything less than 125G. Keep an eye on them.
Dottybacks also usual fight.
As for the green star polyps, since this is a new tank, I'm going to guess that there probably isn't enough algae for the emerald crabs and they probably ate it.

joker1

God i hope they didnt eat it, but theres 25lbs of lr that i got that was in a well established tank and had lots of algae in it. as for the percs i was cautious to get them at first, but they swim around and live with the frog spawn just fine as seen in my profile pic. the dottybacks have a lot of hiding places and the bi colopr just hides all day. but ill keep an eye out on them for sure, thanks. so how long should i give my star polyp till i toss it?

tlsohio

I have found that when you move star polyps they sometimes need a few days to acclimate. I would just be patient and keep an eye on them. I would give them a week at least, before you see full polyp extension. I just sold a star polyp frag that opened up after acclimation to the new tank and then hid for a few days. Good luck. Keep us posted

joker1

Found him! they came back nice and happy, moved him to better light and good flow. thanks almost threw him away!