Missing My Tank

snccoulter

So I moved in to a new home in February and carried my 130 galloon tank and most of my livestock with me and got it setup without any problems and had a beautiful tank to enjoy then my Pink hotdog that I was convinced to purchases from a LFS died and killed almost $500 in about 5 minuets fish two days before I shipped out for a six month deployment to the desert. the only things that lived was a Chocolate Chip Star that I couldn’t kill if I let my son put it in his pocket for a week and then put it back in the water and a clown fish. I don’t know what the clown lived. But on with it about so my wife is learning how to stock my tank and care for it. She seems to be doing alright and I have sent a bunch of fish to her from this site but I am starting to miss the tank a lot lately. I use to be able to go home after a day of teaching people to shoot and not get shot in the process and sit in front of my tank and be in a good mood after about 10 to 15 minuets. At that point I am ready to spend the rest of the night with my family. But here I spend 12 hours securing weapons or making sure no one unauthorized access the flight line actually it is making sure my Airman make sure no one gets on the flight line and I really don’t have a good outlet for stress I can go to the gym but I really don’t relax there since I hate to work out the only reason I go is so I can put on TSgt when I get home I have to pass my PT test. I just realized there was a message board here so this should be nice there are not may people I know in the AF that have tanks most think they are to expensive or don’t want to bother since they will probably have to move in a few years anyways. I believe it is all worth it just to bring some relaxation to a stressful world.

zsalinas

Thank you for your service we all appreciate it. Sorry you miss you're tank just think it'll be fully stocked when you get home. Welcome to SWF.com. Quick question. What'a a pink hotdog?

emperor11

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Thank you for your service we all appreciate it. Sorry you miss you're tank just think it'll be fully stocked when you get home. Welcome to SWF.com. Quick question. What'a a pink hotdog?
A hotdog thats pink!
Sorry, but isn't that the color they are when they aren't cooked yet and are still in the package all frozen?

snccoulter

Thank you for your support and a pink hotdog is actually a pink cucumber you can see one if you go to the invert section and scrole to cucumbers it is on the left .

snccoulter

Thank you that is so cool I have one of the pics set as a desktop do you know of ant good screensavers that mimic a reef tank.

lion_crazz

Welcome to saltwaterfish.com! I'm sorry you miss your tank. You are certainly in the right place though if you want to see great fish tanks.
Also, I want to thank you for all of your service to our great country!