mixing anemones

bscott105

I was wondering what anyone thought about mixing an LTA (Which has moved to the bottom of the tank) and a BTA (which I would hope would hang out on the rocks) in the same tank. I have heard that mixing anemones is not a generally good idea, but was wondering if any had any advice or experience.

d-dzel

I currently have a green bulb anemone and a pink tip haitian anemone and they've been ok, they've stayed away from each other, never have come in contact.

elite

im also wondering the same thing i have a huge LTA and it has found its spot on the sandbed between a rock and the sand and it hasnt moved in ages and is now hosted by my sabea clown....
i was wondering if i could get another type one that likes more light and being on top of the rocks... away from my LTA

unleashed

rule of thumb is not to mix anemone's as they tend to have chemical warfare with each other which can toxify a tank.not only can this effect corals but fish as well.. however if you insist on having 2 anemone's in the same tank be sure to keep carbons running at all times.. this will detoxify the water making it safe for all inhabitants .. I know many reef keepers don't use carbons but IMO it beats the alternative of replacing live stock