Mixing Puffers?

fishytim

I have a question.. Could I put a Porcupine Puffer and a Valentini Puffer? I have the Valentini already, but my friend offered me his Porcupine. I did not think you could mix puffers, but I figured I would ask just in case (I have always loved the Porcupine). Both puffers are about the same size (1-2 inches).

fishytim

55, all i have in the tank right now is two perc clowns and the saddle puffer...
Lots of live rock, snails and some hermits

thesamm

hmm...im not some expert on puffers so this is just from reading stuff about them...u could get a hawaiian spotted puffer but u might wanna watch your crabs, snails, stars etc.

H

hewetton

I would say it's reasonably safe. Valentini could be nippy, but not as bad as some of the other members in the genus. I've kept different species of Arothon puffers/Porcupine with no problem.

H

hewetton

200.....but I had to sell most of my tanks including this one because I couldn't find time to take care of them anymore. I used to have dog face, star&striped, striped, map and porcupine in that tank. I also had valentini, solandri, and benetti puffers in my other tanks. Arothron puffers generally mix well with one another. But, this is definitely not the case for tobies. I think porcupine and valentini combo will work fine from my past experience.