mixing triggers?????

diablo

anybody mixed triggers together if so what kind and if any other tank mates that survived?
right now i have a niger and some other fish but love triggers.
what you guys think would be tank mates or food lol
and post your favorite trigger photos :D

triggered

Hello, my man has had in the past, Rectangulus, Undulated, and Yellowmargin together for about 2 and 1/2 years. They did not end up killing each other, he had to get rid of them because he couldn't spend enough time with them. When he had the triggers the first time, all was fair, except he had 2 Rectangulus at the same time and that was not that good, but he said they were fine except for a few squabbles.
We currently have a Pinktail, Picasso, and Undulated. They have been together for about 4 months now. The only trouble is the Undulated chases the Picasso every once in a while. They have three distinctive personalities, and three distinctive swimming habits. I think they get along because they have these differences.
Now, I have been told on more than one occassion that our Undulated will turn one day. We have a tank ready for her, just in case!
Our Pinktail and Picasso get along beautifully. I have also seen the Picasso in with a really great Damsel, I am not sure what kind of Damsel, I haven't found it yet. Unfortunately, the last time we were at the LFS, they had put a wrasse in with them and the Damsel's tail was completely gone. I actually cried, and had trouble sleeping a couple of nights. I love that Damsel, we have been watching it grow for two years. I showed it to the owner of the LFS, he dismissed it, and said he had other more pressing problems to tend to. I won't be going back to that store. It is the store from which we "RESCUED" our Pinktail and Picasso.
Anyway, back on topic. There are tons of people who will have much more information, and experience than I. However, I do trust my man, and he has had several years of saltwater experience. We keep a close eye on them.
But I do understand now why he wanted a small number of fish for that huge tank. They are great.
I can speak with some knowledge now though, and I would not hesitate to put another Pinktail and Picasso together. I would love to get a baby Niger, they are beauties.
Good Luck and Have fun!! :happy:
Peace! Cindy

tammyp

hey Diablo how you doing. You can have triggers together. I have a picasso trigger,a clowwn trigger,and a porcepin puffer. And Cindy,the people that have told you about your undulated trigger BEWARE. if you have a niger trigger I would get a picasso trigger. He might pick on the niger trigger for a little bit but not much.(but less aggresive triggers because a niger is one of a calmer trigger) If you want more fish I would get a longnose hawkfish.tell me what you get

scubadoo

I recently purchased a used 175 bow front system. It came with a few fish including two Nigers. They have "bonded" and swim together, In the transport container they were resting lodged in a rock laying next to each other.
They are now swimming together and doing great. Not sure how long this "friendship" will last. I'll probably be getting rid of them as I have a pretty big Niger in my other system that needs to go in the 175. THey are very small so I am guessing this bonding is due to age...but who knows.

julius

I had a Niger and a Humu 2gether for 3yrs no probs I finally got rid of them due to the fact that I couldnt put no other fish in there with them they will kill everything.

diablo

Originally Posted by JULIUS
I had a Niger and a Humu 2gether for 3yrs no probs I finally got rid of them due to the fact that I couldnt put no other fish in there with them they will kill everything.
yeah i see your point triggers after that long and cant change it up alittle. after that long and cant do nothing with the tank takes the fun out of looking for new fish.

tammyp

no way julious I had a niger and a picasso together and I put 2 other fish in with them(kole tang sea hawk)they did fine I still have my picasso I would have my niger but he died during the ice storm :mad:

marineking

I have a Niger and a clown trigger and they are fine together. The clown is bigger, but doesn't seem to bother the niger. They leave each other alone for the most part. Feeding is when the clown acts up a little bit but nothing serious.

julius

They were in a 90gal they took out a 6in parrot fish in no tyme They were too tank aggressive for any fish I put in there especially the Humu. I was holding the Parrotfish for a Friend but He didn't last the night. So I switched to community awhile back so I can have a variety of fish.

fccman

I have a niger thats about 3in. a clown trigger 2in long a foxface and a lionfish and all are doing great togeather. All but the lionfish even go to the same part of the tank when the lights go out. I hope all these friendships last.