Moderator Tanks

laddy

How come we don't have a "sticky" dedicated to moderator tanks. Am I the only one who wants to see a section complely usable my our famed moderators? I say, have a place they can post recent pictures and projects to!!!!!

ophiura

Well, it has been done.
But, FWIW, t is wrong to assume that moderators somehow have "exceptional" tanks (though a few here do
). I am just about ready to tank my tank...and Beth at the moment also no longer has a tank. Moderators are chosen for information that they share, and their overall helpfullness on the boards...not necessarily for their tanks specifically.

viper_930

Here's a few pictures I just shot this afternoon. They're not the best, but they'll have to do for now. I'm not a big fan of full tank shots, there's a few spots in my tank that are...less than ideal. Most of my corals are rare/uncommon such as the Oregon blue tort, Tub's blue zoos, many Tyree LEs, Cespitularia, axifuga, and a few others.
Top left

Top mid

Top right

Sorry for the reflections, they were just quick pics. And yes, my tank is very crowded, hence the hanging frag trays at the top. My new prop tank will give the corals more space.
Tub's blue zoos

Cespitularia (the real blue xenia)

Duncanopsammia axifuga

laddy

Originally Posted by ophiura
Well, it has been done.
But, FWIW, t is wrong to assume that moderators somehow have "exceptional" tanks (though a few here do
). I am just about ready to tank my tank...and Beth at the moment also no longer has a tank. Moderators are chosen for information that they share, and their overall helpfullness on the boards...not necessarily for their tanks specifically.

No assumptions have been made about tanks, LOL. What I find interesting is the less than common looks of the tanks--it's why I stare at refugiums and sumps at the LFS while a 280 is staring me right in the face. LOL. One of my longest friends is a software programmer and he's got a very powerful system--too bad it looks like a broken down buick (no tower cover, hard drives sitting on a stack of books, external fans :scared: )