Molts - what do you do with them??

overanalyzer

Hey all - crab just molted and I am wondering what do most people do with them. In an all natural sort of way they should stay in the tank - but this is ina five gallon nano. Plus they are sticking up from the rock and in the words of my wife they look uckky.
What do you all do with them??

S

simm

I took mine out. But you can keep it in for clean up crew to feast off of. Keeping it in wont bother your water params either.

T

thomas712

Leave em in the tank and let the calcium reabsorb back into the system.

leigh

i leave 'em in but mostly because my cleaner shrimp molt most often, and my cleaner shrimp loves to try to clean my hand which slightly trips me out--thus, my hand+cleaner shrimp carcass=cleaner shrimp all over my hand and me getting a wee bit nervous. :)

chinnyr

I make wallets out of mine!Sorry,actually I leave them in and have never thought about it until this post.Hmmm?Maybe I was just lazy and did'nt give it much thought.The molts seem to disappear after a few days anyway.

overanalyzer

chinnyr - NICE!!! Can I buy one of those molt wallets?? :D :D
well the Molt is gone this morning so I guess I am in the Leave it in category - thanks all!!

nicenakago

I leave them in as well...
but a 5 gallon nano? if you don't like the way it looks... take it out, no harm either way. go with what looks best to you.

broncofish

I like to leave them. It gives me and the kid something to talk about for a while(good biology lesson repeated everytime)

fishtanker

i used to take them out to scare people with. "oh my god that crab just jumped on your head!" i leave them in now out of pure laziness:)

i like fish

I used to take my arrow crab molts out and chase the wife with them. Sometimes I would hold them by the top of the head and make them dance.:D

M

macyjo

I take them out and let them dry--I have several different one around the house. I had a freshwater crayfish that i took out every molt i could get and kept them in a glass box. I was neat to see how much he had grown. I know this is weird--but you had to ask :)