Monday Morning 6-pack

nas19320

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Originally posted by Chris S
You could make a callender with some of those pics. Looks great whats your secret?

My secret; take lots and lots of pictures and only post the best. Those pictures are just a few that came out acceptable out of a few hundred. Set the camera to Macro and then I try to focus on one piece and take many different shots adjusting the white balance, aperature, shutter speed, etc. My camera does a lot of the work for me. Fish pictures are by far the most difficult for me.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having a hard time commenting because your shots are so gorgeous. Speechless for once! Great job!

pyro

I love the clam! beautiful!
I have trouble taking fish pictures also. Freshwater wise, the big secret I use is going to home depot and buying those heavy duty lights that sit on the post. (use the doulbe ended bulb, forget what they are called - sorry) I sit them above the tank just as additional temporary light, gotta watch out though, they reallly crank the temperature up. Then I can turn the shutter speed up pretty high and adjust the aperature accordingly. Those dang camera shy cichlids are fast

nas19320

Originally posted by tony detroit
Very nice. Any full tank pics?

Thanks. These two pics are the closest I have right now to a full tank shot.

nas19320

Originally posted by reefer44
nice...good lookin tank
:notsure: this is above the clam...if you want an ID its a Deresa
Brad

Thanks reefer, I knew the ID already. I was randomly putting in the smilies and didn't realize I grabbed that one. Thank you though.