Monday night shots!!!

brucewrs

How big is the tank?What kind of system are you running?Looks like you have alot of fish in there.Just curious because I have around 20 fish in my 210 and alot of people told me it was over crowded.0 nitrites but my nitrates are a little high.I have a po clear 400 wet dry and now i wat to set up fuge besides...Just curious what your running.....Your fish look healthy and happy,

agrsiv210

slesia, as always thx for the compliments.
Bruce, it is a 210 all glass tank with the x-large AMiracle fuge with red and green gracileria macro algae, 15W Aqua-UltraViolet Sterilizer, Red Sea berlin X-L protein skimmer. 72" Corallife 4x96W PC for lighting. I have 13 fish total, just got my water tested by the fish store on Saturday, I get it tested there once a month. Ammonia-0, Trites-0, Trates-15, Ph-8.3, Calcium-490, Alk-8. I would say that my tank is doing fine, it has been up and running for a little over 2 years now. I feed twice a day, JS dried seaweed, mysis, brine, prime reef, krill, new life spectrum pellets, form. 2 pellets, and all of this is soaked in vita-chem and garlic Xtreme. BTW I run 4 Vita-Chem filter media bags instead of activated carbon, lasts about 4 months, try it you'll love it.
Inhabitants are as follows: Fish, How big, How long I've had them
Sailfin--7"--2 yrs
Longhorn Cowfish--9"--3 yrs
Purple Tang--5"--1.5 yrs
Yellow Tang--5"--2 yrs
Blue Regal Tang--7"--1 yr
Sohal Tang--4"--1 mo
Maculosus/Map Angel--10"--1.5 yrs
Gold Stripe Maroon Clown Pair--Male-3", Female-4"--1 yr
Clown Trigger--3"--4 mo
Spotted Hawk--5"--2.5 yrs
Porcupine Puffer--9"--1.5 yrs

agrsiv210

nothing just a piece of the rock in the way, just another pic of the same fish tonight and you can see the dorsal fin. I love my cowfish I have had him since he was the size of a half-dollar.

hot883

Originally Posted by Titan
The shot of the cowfish is nice; whats chewing on the purple tangs dorsal?
He's behind rocks, look further down in pics. and see he is fine.
AGRSIV, very nice pics. Thanks for sharing

brucewrs

Originally Posted by AGRSIV210
slesia, as always thx for the compliments.
Bruce, it is a 210 all glass tank with the x-large AMiracle fuge with red and green gracileria macro algae, 15W Aqua-UltraViolet Sterilizer, Red Sea berlin X-L protein skimmer. 72" Corallife 4x96W PC for lighting. I have 13 fish total, just got my water tested by the fish store on Saturday, I get it tested there once a month. Ammonia-0, Trites-0, Trates-15, Ph-8.3, Calcium-490, Alk-8. I would say that my tank is doing fine, it has been up and running for a little over 2 years now. I feed twice a day, JS dried seaweed, mysis, brine, prime reef, krill, new life spectrum pellets, form. 2 pellets, and all of this is soaked in vita-chem and garlic Xtreme. BTW I run 4 Vita-Chem filter media bags instead of activated carbon, lasts about 4 months, try it you'll love it.
Inhabitants are as follows: Fish, How big, How long I've had them
Sailfin--7"--2 yrs
Longhorn Cowfish--9"--3 yrs
Purple Tang--5"--1.5 yrs
Yellow Tang--5"--2 yrs
Blue Regal Tang--7"--1 yr
Sohal Tang--4"--1 mo
Maculosus/Map Angel--10"--1.5 yrs
Gold Stripe Maroon Clown Pair--Male-3", Female-4"--1 yr
Clown Trigger--3"--4 mo
Spotted Hawk--5"--2.5 yrs
Porcupine Puffer--9"--1.5 yrs

Nice list.You wrote vita-chem flter,do you mean chemi pure?I did a search and could only find chemi pure filter bags.
I guess I do have too many fish..Here is my list.I do weekly water changes and clean my filter media in my wetdry everyday.
5" Niger Trigger
6" Lunare Wrasse
6" Pink Tail Trigger
3" FileFish
7" Porcipine Puffer
6" Achilles Tang
5" Yellow Tang's
6" Blue Hippo Tang
9" Blonde Naso Tang
5" Black speckled Grouper
4" V-Tail red Grouper
17" Snowflake Mooray eel
6" Earcheak Angel
4" Scribbled Foxface
2 x 7" Silver Scats
3" Sergeant Major
2" Yellow Damsel
3" French Angel
Asst. Starfish, urchins, snails, hermit crabs

alyssia

Awesome cowfish. This may be a dumb question, but are they reef safe? Is it true that they can poison your tank?

teviesfish

Lovely pictures. They all look handsome and beautiful! Great job and keep up the awesome tank. They look well cared for. ~ Bonnie

agrsiv210

BRUCE, I am envious of some of the fish on you list, particularly the achilles tang. I did mean chemi pure, i apologize. It is great stuff!! I do weekly water changes as well. 25 gal. per wk= 100 gal mo.= almost 1/2 of my tank water. How big of water changes do you do. I used to do 80 gal. once a month, I can't even begin to tell you how big of a difference weekly water changes makes.
To be honest with you if you are keeping an achilles tang don't change a thing you are doing maintenance wise. People can say what they want about you having too many fish, but it's not their 210 to stock it's yours. You do what you want. BTW something that might help you is the amount of live rock. The more you have the more place these fish have to hide/sleep/call their spot in your tank=less confrontations. Just my .02'
What kinds of foods do you feed your fish, let me know all of them from frozen to pellet/flake, and seaweed.
Post some pics please I would love to see your tank.

agrsiv210

alyssia, teviesfish, thank you guys for the compliments.
As far as the cowfish goes they can potentially produce a toxin, but they say the likelyhood of that happening is slim. Whoever wrote don't keep cowfish with aggressive food competitors was way off on my fish, I guess I got the ODDBALL. Mine is the first to the food everytime, heck when I feed pellets he doesn't go for the pellets, he goes for my hand. :notsure: