Monti - Green and Orange

al&burke

Here are a few shots of my monti corals. The orange one has been in the tank for a while and the green one about 6 months, the green one is finally starting to show some growth. There are two green monti's one is next to the cave I made on my OF - if you guys remember from my build. Thanks for looking

luvmyreef

Looks good Al. My green monti is a slow grower too. :( But my orange ones seem to grow with each water change LOL.

Hows the growth rate on your orange? I just picked up a frag and cant wait for it to start growing. This is one of my favorite corals.

al&burke

Relatively fast growth on this one, check out slice's orange monti it is outstanding, more cupping on the growth, must be a different type.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///t/390030/monti-green-and-orange#post_3451183
Relatively fast growth on this one, check out slice's orange monti it is outstanding, more cupping on the growth, must be a different type.
Nice montis Al!
Sometimes I wish I had room for a green or purple one. The "lobes" on that red one looks like the ones my monti grew before it started the cupping/scrolling thing.
Growth on my orange is outstanding; if you haven't seen it in a week, you haven't seen it. Sucks up calcium with a straw.
I don't know about different monti growth forms; I am convinced that much of the shape mine has taken is due to flow. The shape of the tank coupled with 2 MP10s blasting away gives alternate swirling, then upward currents.

al&burke

Funny you said that Joe, because I have a PH above this monti pushing down, maybe that is the problem.