moon lights ?

Does anybody run lights to simulate the moon?
and if so do you keep them on all night or just a few hours?
I bought a new product for moon lights and they look sweet!!!!
They are much better then just painted lights
or dim lights that I have tried before.
Just wondering how long to run them.
Thanks in advance

nasotang00

Deuce, I use a incandesant 25w blue light that i leave on all night. it has a light sensor that allows the light to come on when all the actinics go out and turns itself off when the first light comes on in the morning.
What kind of package did you get?

Mine are moonbeams by brightlights technologies
they are only 1" in dia. and come with several
diffferent mounting hardware.
You can put them anyware even right next to hylides.
They are 470 nanometers (they say the same as the moon???).
They turn the greens yellow, they reds pink and my coral banded shrimp, cleaner shrimp and green brittle star all came out with them on(I usually
only seen them when the all lights are out)
You can see the reflection of the surface of the water glisten in the tank.
I paid $80.00 a piece

the natural wave sucks! been there, done that! the timed outlets burn out after some time. it seems to happen to everybody that I know that HAD one! save some money, don't get it!!

Where did you see the lightwave?
I am interested in getting one.
Also if you are interested in the moonbeams I have E-mail me at thereefkeepr150g@aol and I will give you info
The are supper small and come with good hardware.
I did not even have to screw them in just used the suction cups.

fishforme

Hey, can you guys please send me an email for those moon lights. I searched the web with no resolve. chris@slabe.net. Thanks...

Here is the website for the moonbeams (just got up and running)
I would recommend them
<a href="http://www.waterwerks.net" target="_blank">http://www.waterwerks.net</a>

Originally posted by lore: But to be honest I've got my eye on a new gizmo called the LIGHTWAVE. It does all of the above except one more power head control AND it does similar control of your lighting to include random weather mode.[/qb]<hr></blockquote>
Just to let everyone know. The Lightwave is manufactured by Digital Oceans, They have recently dropped out of the aquarium hobby field (in other words they no longer make them). No one knows wether or not they still repair or warranty them so buyer beware!