moonlight ?

turbo21

recently i purchased a diy moonlight kit with 10 led's,
my other hobby is christmas lights (i will have right about 150,000 lights this year all computer animated and controlled to music) , and after looking at the color of these led's, they are exactly the same as christmas lights, you can be a 25 light string of these at the orange store during christmas for around $6.00
has any body tried this, the christmas lights do have the spotlight effect
bob
ps- if anybody wants to see video and pics of my christmas lights from last year, check out www.freewebs.comoholylights

scsinet

I love that Christmas automation stuff.
In my book, your Christmas spirit is DIRECTLY measurable with an amp meter.
Never tried the Christmas light blue LED thing... interesting though though.

dawman

Well not sure what lightzs are in your DIY kit . But the DIY kit I built I used high intensity wide angle leds . They have 100 degrees of angle . I have never seen any christmas lights that shine that bright in that wide of an angle . But try it , it might be better than what you have now .

turbo21

scsinet,
if you think 96 was alot, we have already started design for next year, we are expecting a peak pull of 200 amps, if you love christmas decorating, check out the www.planetchristmas.com message board,or myholidaydisplays.com my screen name there is my real name

[hr]
robert cox
dawman,
the led's that are used in christmas lights are extremely bright, i have some icicle lights that were bought at walmart that have a focus point to give you a spotlight effect
bob

scsinet

You guys need to stop...
I only have 150 amp service... though I guess that's 300 at 120v, but still...
I'll never have as much Christmas spirit as you guys. I guess I'll just have to settle for having the nicest protein skimmer on the block.