Mora Shark

ex82nd

Has anyone ever had a Mora Shark and if so are they a active fish .Do you have pictures. How big do they get? Thanks:p

splash1914

if so, I have one..... I had it my main tank but it was too aggressive of a eater so I brought it to my 300 gallon tank I set up at my work.... here is a pic of it when it was at my home tank...(look on the glass on the right)

grouperhead

When we would bottom fish for grouper/snapper/triggerfish, we used to catch a ton of those guys. We all had our shirts off since it was so hot, and we loved to play a little game with the remora's. We would catch one, unhook it, and slap it onto a friends back. It was some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. The looks on their faces were worth a million bucks.....good times.
Remora's are interesting fish, but unfortunately get too large for most all home systems. Bo

splash1914

Thats funny!! Not only do they get big, they are very quick! It was too hard for me to feed my leopards so I used it to cycle my 150 and 300 at my work... my aquarium maintance buddy is trading me 2 small catfish for it....

ophiura

I agree, not really a good choice for a home tank. We had them in the big tank at the LFS I used to work at (40,000g) and they were a PITA. Cool, but very quick, very large, very opportunistic and aggressive. Not a pleasant thing to be bitten by...