More Babies!!

beaker

these were born about an hour ago...theres about 20 of them....maybe more to come if the male (pictured above) spits more out.
I think these are very pre mature. I noticed the male stopped feeding around august 10th leaving the babies only 18 days when he is supposed to hold them in his mouth for 25-28 days.
He spit them out in a panic when i caught him in the net.....i didnt expect him to spit them out today, so i just started the brine shirmp eggs on the hatching process to start feeding them....i hope they dont starve in the mean time :(
-Beaker

guppie

Great job, I do have a couple questions, I have bread f/w fish before with my two boys and would love to try it with s/w, What size tank did you have the pair in and how did you find a mated pair? Was there other fish in the tank also? Thanks for the answers in advance. Good Luck

pufferlover

very good job. I have seldom seen baby sw fish around here and other then my Pork dropping eggs that is as close as I have come. Hope they all make it.

beaker

Originally posted by King Triton:
<STRONG>How are the baby fish doing? Any of them die yet?</STRONG>
I didnt take the male out of the net in time, I thought he had more babies to release....but instead he ate them all but one.
:( :mad: :( :mad: :eek: :( :mad: :confused:
[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Beaker ]