more help

uncben04

But what about all the coral and stuff it has to grow....what are mollies ...I thought they are freshwater..anyways can my heater and pump stay in salt water...thanks for the edvice....send back soon :nope:

beaslbob

Originally posted by UNCben04
But what about all the coral and stuff it has to grow....what are mollies ...I thought they are freshwater..anyways can my heater and pump stay in salt water...thanks for the edvice....send back soon :nope:

First of all if you click on "post reply" your posts willremain in that thread instead of starting a new thread with each thought.
Yes corals do have to grow and require farily high lighting. My description was for a simple low maintenance inexpensive tank where the plant life and fish balance each other out. If you establish the plant life as the first thing everything else becomes much easier and with much less expense, effort, and problems.
Mollies are actually saltwater and freshwater. And actually do better in salt than fresh. Just a simple inexpensive readily available way of establishing a live fish. You do have to aclimate the fw mollies to salt slowly though.
most if not all current heaters and pumps work with both salt and freshwater.

beaslbob

Originally posted by UNCben04
will my walmart heater rust in salt water

As long as it is all glass there should be no problem. But then I don't use heaters in my fresh or salt tanks. If the room is comfortable enough for me my fish are just a comfortable.