More light help please!

teog

I still need mor help on lights and I cant find much out there unless by the manufacture.
I only got one recomendation and that would cost me over 400.00 bucks...WOW! What would any one recomend for around 150.00 or under for a 29 gallon reef tank. Im a beginer and wouldnt get expert coral.
I keep hearing that a 65 watt smart lite is the way to go. Please help!
Thanks everyone

jacksonpt

Well, right off the top of my head, you should certainly be able to get a strip light with 96w of PC lighting for that price. My lfs sells it at about that price, and they are usually pretty expensive.
I'm sure others will chime in with other ideas/options, but that's a start for ya.

andymi

Yeah I would say that PC (power compact) lighting is the way to go. VHO's with an ICE CAP ballast are usually $300 or so if you go with the end caps and the 660 balast. Ice Cap does make a smaller ballast, but I know I got my 108 watt PC's for like $200 and they are somewhere around 12k daylight, 7500 k actinic. I am using them for now on my FOWLR tank.
--Andy

burnnspy

Get a 175watt MH 12000K kit from FAMA magazine for $170.00, its more intense then PC or VHO.
Check it out at my website.
BurnNSpy

nm reef

Can't post links to sites that sell competitive products but believe me you can find sources for any of a varity of lighting options......anything from vho/pc mh..........I've seen 175 watt mh's going for around $150.....can also use pc or vho for close to that price......research a little and I'm sure you'll find a source and product to fit your budget as well as your plans........gl to ya ...and keep us posted on what you choose