More new babies...

aw2x3

Well, this is the first chance I've had, to get back online, since we got the new snakes I've been talking about for a few weeks.
The employer of the guy we were getting the Cobras from found out about our Croc Monitor. He cold called me and tried, for days, to get me to sell him. I turned him down until he started offering high end Reticulated Pythons. Once the deal was too sweet to turn down, I caved and we made a trade.
We met halfway, between Illinois and Minnesota, in Iowa. The drive up there and back was horrible. We ended up having to borrow a friends Dodge Ram. $100 in gas and the thing rode like a school bus.
The day we were leaving, the guy called and said he'd have to back out, on the Croc deal. Said his business partner wouldn't let him trade everything we'd agreed on, for the Croc. At first, we were talking about aprox. $20,000 in snakes, in trade for the Croc.
I already had the Croc crated and loaded, so we made a quick deal...and in the end, we were both still happy. I didn't get as many snakes as I was supposed to, but the ones I did get are all amazing animals, with even better blood lines.
So, let the pictures begin...I'll go smallest to largest.
First up is a female Super Tiger 100% het for albino.

Female albino Tiger. She is a grand daughter of Carl Hermans 26 year old Tiger Retic (the very first Tiger brought into the states). Every strain of Tiger originated from him. Her father is Casper, one of the very first albinos produced from Carl Hermans Tiger.

Male Super Dwarf 100% het for albino and "Blizzard". This snake was solely produced from the work of the guy I got him from. "Blizzard" is a new color morph that will be coming out next year. Potentially, this is a $10,000 snake. He is extremely dark. Myself and the previous owner are the ONLY two people, in the world, to have this snake.

Female Dwarf Jampea. This was directly produced by Steve Gooch, who is the business partner of Bob Clark. Her nose is a little beat up, but nothing a few sheds won't take care of.

Those are the high end snakes. Everything else, below, was free.
continued...

aw2x3

Male albino Burm...maybe 8'. He's a little on the skinny side, but nothing some small rabbits won't take care of.

Male normal Retic...maybe 10' long. He appears to have had some bad sheds, which will even out in time.

And, last but not least...BRUTUS! He's the only one that's been given a name. We got him home and Heather couldn't even carry one end of the Rubbermaid. We cut the 10 layers of duct tape, opened the top and just stood, in silence...mouths hit the floor and we were just in awe. As soon as I saw him, I said "His name is Brutus!" He's 18' long and as of a few days ago, 214lb. He scared the hell out of me and I called the previous owner, making sure he wasn't a biter. Every time I touched him, he'd body bluff and hiss like you wouldn't believe. The guy just kept telling me "Awwww, just reach in there and grab him!!"
I finally found my balls, reached into the tub (my face like 2' from his head) and started hauling him out, the best I could. It took both my girlfriend and I to put him into the cage, a little at a time. The pics don't do justice, at all. I have a 30" - 32" waist and he's almost bigger around than that. His head is 8" long and 5" wide. Each of his scales are as big as a fingernail and his spurs are almost an inch long.
His cage is 8' long x 4' wide x 30" tall and he makes it look like a shoe box.

My girlfriends hand...

My hand...

I have not been able to get any pictures of the Cobras (albino Monocle). Either they're hiding or the pics turn out really bad, because the glass is dirty (and I sure as hell am not sticking my hands in there, to clean it). The guy told me they were great hooders, would hiss, etc. but wouldn't really strike. These psyhos have been striking since I got them home. I have some retics cages below theirs and I keep forgetting they're there. A few times, I looked up, to find a fully hooded Cobra, less than a foot from my face...hissing and striking. I've almost pissed myself, a few times. LOL
Hope you guys enjoy. Most of you know how wierd I am, anyway...lol.

aquaknight

Sweet snakes, but everyone knows snakes look better when photographed with $20 bills or higher
What will Brutus eat? Like a goat once every 3 months?

crypt keeper

albino tiger. The super tigers get better looking as they get older. Those are some amazing animals. Im actually looking at getting a Reg Tiger from Bob Clark unless you know somebody????
Yo T316 get over yourself.

t316

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3121705
albino tiger. The super tigers get better looking as they get older. Those are some amazing animals. Im actually looking at getting a Reg Tiger from Bob Clark unless you know somebody????
Yo T316 get over yourself.
I say that in a good way...I have complimented AW on his critters before...

meowzer

I am not a snake lover...but if I was (LOL) I was say nice snakes
I will wish you luck with them though....I hope you don't get eaten
Had Brutus just eaten? It seems like a section is fatter (or is that normal)

shogun323

I would love to donate some food as an effort to cleanup my neighborhood. Would a teenager be too big for the large retic?

crypt keeper

LOL. I had a 14 foot Retic before i went to school. It was eating 2 large rabbits every few weeks. Sanek was about 2 years old. I f power fed the hell out of it.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by salt210
http:///forum/post/3121766
are you just a collector or do you sell them?
At this point, I'm only a collector. In a few years, when the high end Retics are up to size and I breed them, I'll be selling.
Once the particular high ends breed, the majority of the offspring will be worth a minimum of $3,000 per snake. There are mulitple pairings that I can incorporate, with the 4 I have, that will produce offspring which have never been produced before. At that point, I will have offspring that could potentially be worth $10,000 - $15,000 per snake.
Here are the decent pics I have, of the albino Monocle Cobras, which I've affectionately named Igor and Cruella. Once the economy picks back up, they're offspring will be worth somewhere around $1,000 - $1,500 per snake.
Igor (male)

Cruella (female)

t316

WOW...Now that's taking it to a whole new level AW. Do you handle those two bare handed?

ophiura

Ya know, I am not really a snake person, but I have to say those are gorgeous. Really gorgeous...like for a second I thought maybe it would be cool to have one
So that is quite an accomplishment!

jtrzerocool

as said by many other people...i am not really a snake person...however...the sight of your beautiful creatures really makes me want one...but, unfortunatly i do not have the monitay funds nor the time that it takes to care for them properly...i will just settle for looking at the pics...thank you for sharing...

lovethesea

holy mother of gawd!
I don' t like snakes, the only good snake is well .....you know. But every creature needs to have someone love and protect them. (not me....although I am really trying to get over my extreme fear)
I have a question regarding the monster........how will you house him? If you weren't ready for his size, he seems really kinda dangerous and HUGE

As far as those cobras.....how in the hellz do you handle them??
Originally Posted by shogun323
http:///forum/post/3121852
I would love to donate some food as an effort to cleanup my neighborhood. Would a teenager be too big for the large retic?

NO.....I have my daughters boyfriend who would probably be a perfect meal.....17 year old 6ft 4ish. PERFECT!!!!

aw2x3

Every single snake we have, is regularly handled...maybe not on a daily basis, but every one are handled and every one are docile, non aggressive and a pure joy to play with.
The Cobras are STRICTLY hands off. We have no intentions of handling them, touching them or interacting with them. As of now, they're both about 24" long and rediculously fast. They're currently being housed together, only as a temporary thing. Due to stress from shipping, they're both quite psycho, right now. You can't get within 5' of the tank, without them hooding, hissing and striking.
A few more days of them settling down, they'll be separated into two different enclosures and won't be reintroduced until they're old enough to breed.
Handling will be strictly done by hooks (36" long hooks) and never, never, never without Heather in the room with me. When we first decided to get them, we sat down for probably 2 hours, discussing every possible scenario we could come up with. I located out nearest source of anti-venom, instructions for a medical staff to treat a bite, etc. There's no scenario that hasn't been worked out.
We even have a "hot" room, where only the Cobras are housed. The baseboards, doors, windows, vents, etc. have been sealed. The handling equipment (tongs, hooks, etc.) are outside the room, so that we have them, stepping into the room. The medical numbers, contact info, anti-venom source is listed on a spread sheet, outside the room.
We have taken every precaution and multiplied that by 100. And yet we have no anticipation of handling these snakes.
Once they get some length and weight on them, I will be handling them. I won't trust myself, the snakes OR Heather enough for her to ever handle them. I have experiance handling venomous and she does not...and Monocle Cobras are not for beginners. If she ever decides to get into handling, we'll start off with some more nonaggressive species and let work her way up...an intership, if you will.

aw2x3

Every single snake we have, is regularly handled...maybe not on a daily basis, but every one are handled and every one are docile, non aggressive and a pure joy to play with.
The Cobras are STRICTLY hands off. We have no intentions of handling them, touching them or interacting with them. As of now, they're both about 24" long and rediculously fast. They're currently being housed together, only as a temporary thing. Due to stress from shipping, they're both quite psycho, right now. You can't get within 5' of the tank, without them hooding, hissing and striking.
A few more days of them settling down, they'll be separated into two different enclosures and won't be reintroduced until they're old enough to breed.
Handling will be strictly done by hooks (36" long hooks) and never, never, never without Heather in the room with me. When we first decided to get them, we sat down for probably 2 hours, discussing every possible scenario we could come up with. I located out nearest source of anti-venom, instructions for a medical staff to treat a bite, etc. There's no scenario that hasn't been worked out.
We even have a "hot" room, where only the Cobras are housed. The baseboards, doors, windows, vents, etc. have been sealed. The handling equipment (tongs, hooks, etc.) are outside the room, so that we have them, stepping into the room. The medical numbers, contact info, anti-venom source is listed on a spread sheet, outside the room.
We have taken every precaution and multiplied that by 100. And yet we have no anticipation of handling these snakes.
Once they get some length and weight on them, I will be handling them. I won't trust myself, the snakes OR Heather enough for her to ever handle them. I have experiance handling venomous and she does not.