More pics..experimenting with camera.

doodle1800

I have a few digitals..the one you see is a 5 megapixel Nikon., with a micro lens. A 2, 3 or 4 meg will do fine also, but won't be able to get too close like in these. (special lens) It depends on what you want to do.. how big you want the picture to be without distortion.
..maybe others can help here?

shimmy yaz

jinky3dper,
Hey man this has nuttin to do with the thread but i just looked at your bands site. What type of music do u play i may have to come check u guys out at the cellblock on march 7th. give me an e-mail at shimmy_yaz@yahoo.com

demosthenes

Way to stop that one in its tracks, Sammy. So, it's actually safe to use? What if the bag says something to this extent:
May Contain Free Silicates
Would I be safe to use it? I think it's some Quickrete, but I'm not sure. I'm waiting for my SD to show up, but have just been wondering. In case I'm in need of some in the distant future.

jcsurfn

Nice pics. What kind of Nikon are you using? Is it a seperate lens you put on there. Can you swith out the lens on yours? I have a Nikon Cool Pics 775 with a macro setting. I have not really played with it that much. I will have to se what I can take.

doodle1800

Its a Nikon D1 with a changeable macro lens. 105 MM Micro NIKKOR.
Silica sand... Its Quikrete sand blasting sand, not playsand. Since the playsand is not avail in my area I went with this, for now. The only thing I'm worried about is will it be able to sustain life. Will the LR spread through it. The bag says right on it - does contain silica. I've read in the "Concscientious Marine Aquarist" that sand like this won't sustain life. So we'll see. The tank was cloudy for about 3 days and it went crystal clear with an outside filter pad and carbon.
This weekend I'm getting a Coral Life 50/50 bulb, a power head and losing the airstione - as Sammy recommended.

doodle1800

Sammy - could the hermits I have be eating everything off my LR? The LR I have really doesn't have anything growing on it - yet. I know it takes time - just wondering about the hermits. I'm sure there are other factors too - lights, etc..
Also - with the silica sand, do you think I need to add a buffer at times?