more questions

bklyntank

thanks for responding to all.i know now that i should not have been sold those triggers for my cycle but i will ride it out. my friend set me up he built a wet dry in a 20 gl long strong enough for a 200 gl tank.he will build a protein skimmer in 2-3 months he had no knowledge of the triggers.what is a lr or ls,and a clen up crew. my nitrites are still very high 4.0 i'm using a liquid master test kit is that a good kit it was cheap. i have 1 402 power head with quick filter should i buy 1 more any other sugestions.thanks

flydan

Hey,
Wow! I'm not sure what your question is. Yes you need at least one more power head. Two more would be better. I think you asked about ls/lr and clean-up crews. LS is live sand. LR is Live Rock and a clean-up crew is a combination of critters to keep your tank clean such as hermit crabs, snails, brittle starts, emerald crabs, and shrimp.
Are you setting up a FOWLR (Fish Only with Live Rock) or a reef tank. (With LOTS of Live Rock and corals? This will help in deciding what kind of set up you need.
Good luck!
Dan'l

fshhub

the type, ie. fiji tonga or marshall isl.,
depends on the individual, and more so the wallet funding the individual, but by all means, yes cured lr is a very good idea, also changing from cc(crushed coral) to a dsb(dense sand bed using possibly ls) is another good consideration, however, with only fish(and aggressive ones), cc could be manageable, just more work, BUT many new reefers start out thinking they are only gonna be FO or FOWLR, plus reefs are easier to maintain agter everything is set up and running properly(what they do is help maintain the system, by becoming a small eco system by itself)