more questions

mazerat

ok first what is the proper way to set up power heads i have 2 maxi jet 900s
second i found these little critters in my tank they kind of look like little tiny shrimp
i also notice what looks like little baby snails

corally

Are the things that look like little baby shrimp transparent/clear? If they are they are probably some type of pods, which are good. Check out the hitchiker thread.

blemmy_guy

For your Power heads put one at each end of your tank, and angle them towards the front and let the water streams colide, that will cause some turbulence in the tank, or you could have one point along the back side and the other point along the front, but you may get a Whirlpool effect if you do that, probly not too good!! :)
Goodluck Todd

W

winstew

Originally Posted by mazerat
so one on the left and one on the right pointed at each other is not good?
NO hahhah one pointing with the back glass and one pointing at the front glass might create a vortex, i.e. whirlpool and make things spin and what not.... Pointing them directly at each other from opposite ends whould give a desired affect, or is it effect?

blemmy_guy

Yeah point them at an angle towards th front where they would both hit the center of the front of the tank, will create good turbulence, you may have to do some fine tuning, but i think it will work out good
todd