More Sea horse pics!

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
Nope, recounted..9 on each side=18. I think you're right
:cheer: I win!! :cheer:
Lisa :happyfish

poniegirl

This from some other site (which, by the by, I wonder if they EVER update)
Reidi
One of the most desired species in the aquarium trade, it is imported quite often. Long, thick snout, narrow body, and no spines or cirri. Can be found in a range of bold, bright colors and usually is covered with tiny black or white spots. May also have pale splotches on lateral surfaces. 16-19 dorsal rays and 11 body rings.
Similar species ID's:
Hippocampus erectus, whose coloring and body shape are similar, but reidi lacks lined patterning.
Hippocampus ingens, whose coloring and body shape are similar, but has more-developed spines and coronet.
Hippocampus kuda, which shares body shape but has a less-developed coronet and lacks tiny spotted pattern.
I'm not denying the species of Sir Valiant, by any means. This is just some food for thought. These darn animals are tough to be sure. I would love to learn more about ID'ing. They are such good photos to try to eval.
Body rings.... :thinking:
He's a beaut and looks healthy, Rykna. Great to see him, always!

rykna

Originally Posted by PonieGirl
. This is just some food for thought. These darn animals are tough to be sure. I would love to learn more about ID'ing. They are such good photos to try to eval.
Body rings.... :thinking:
He's a beaut and looks healthy, Rykna. Great to see him, always!
Thanks! They sure are. Of all this fish I have kept, the seahorse is the most amazing.I have been gathering more and more information on seahorses. There is so much to learn.
Valiant is so curious. He swims right over when I sit by the tank. Anything I put in or by the tank he has to inspect it. I was cleaning off the glass the other night with a magnet scraper. Valiant was so curious I could hardly move the magnet without bumping into him. I tried the finger curling with him. He imitated me right away!!!
There are so many questions....
My mom gave me the new camera as a early birthday present!!

So I'll be posting more soon!
Thankyou
Rykna :happyfish

rykna

Originally Posted by Charred Salad
WOW!!! really awesome! have they grown since you got them?
Absoulutely!!! Valiant was 3.5 inches when I got him 2months ago. He's now 4.25 inches

pettyhoe

I have 3 kuda in my tank, they are great!, anything I put in the tank, they check it out, wrap themselves around hermits and try and pear inside their shell. I feed them in a ziplock bag floating from inside the tank so my shrimp and clowns don't take all their food, and they just swim up to the bag and into it when I put it in the tank. Works great for controlling the waste

rykna

Originally Posted by PettyHoe
I have 3 kuda in my tank, they are great!, anything I put in the tank, they check it out, wrap themselves around hermits and try and pear inside their shell. I feed them in a ziplock bag floating from inside the tank so my shrimp and clowns don't take all their food, and they just swim up to the bag and into it when I put it in the tank. Works great for controlling the waste
That's and awesome idea!!!!!!
Thanks